HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Feb 7, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #1,081 of 4,472
True endgame as of right now is the RAAL SR-1A with the Prototype Direct-Drive Amp.
Maybe Susvara or HE-1 if you are centered around warm Vocals or Big Band Symphonies.
Or Abyss if your heart sings B A S S.
This kind of assumption is silly. Plenty of people (myself included) dislike all 3 of those headphones for various reasons, but like HEDD because it offers a completely different experience. Not putting those headphones down, but they are not competing with the same sonic preferences as HEDD is. It’s arrogant, presumptuous and ridiculous to think that only your approved set of overpriced and flawed headphones can be a “true endgame” (until someone releases a $10000 headphone 5 years later that I’m sure you will proclaim the next “true endgame”).

Actually, have you even heard these? Based on your post history you were still busy asking questions about these not one month ago, and never posted impressions of trying a demo unit nor purchasing one. Surely you didn’t just write HEDD off from being a respectable flagship based on price and other people’s impressions, did you?

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 12:11 AM Post #1,083 of 4,472
It uses shielded 21g copper wire for each channel.

JJ

Feb 8, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #1,085 of 4,472
20200207_225532.jpg

Here's the max extension on mine received today.

Feb 8, 2020 at 3:18 AM Post #1,087 of 4,472

Feb 8, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #1,090 of 4,472
Feb 8, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #1,092 of 4,472
Can anyone comment on how this sounds with the Phonitor amp? I own the XE and am very interested in pairing the two.
There are some extensive reviews/comments/impressions of that pairing in that HEDDphone thread in the Headphones .com forum. Torq, who is very knowledgeable and experienced speaks highly of that pairing.

Feb 8, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #1,093 of 4,472
This kind of assumption is silly. Plenty of people (myself included) dislike all 3 of those headphones for various reasons, but like HEDD because it offers a completely different experience. Not putting those headphones down, but they are not competing with the same sonic preferences as HEDD is. It’s arrogant, presumptuous and silly to think that only your approved set of overpriced and flawed headphones can be a “true endgame” (until someone releases a $10000 headphone 5 years later that I’m sure you will proclaim the next “true endgame”).

Actually, have you even heard these? Based on your post history you were still busy asking questions about these not one month ago, and never posted impressions of trying a demo unit nor purchasing one. Surely you didn’t just write HEDD off from being a respectable flagship based on price and other people’s impressions, did you?

The He
This kind of assumption is silly. Plenty of people (myself included) dislike all 3 of those headphones for various reasons, but like HEDD because it offers a completely different experience. Not putting those headphones down, but they are not competing with the same sonic preferences as HEDD is. It’s arrogant, presumptuous and ridiculous to think that only your approved set of overpriced and flawed headphones can be a “true endgame” (until someone releases a $10000 headphone 5 years later that I’m sure you will proclaim the next “true endgame”).

The only thing that keep these from being true endhame is the rumor Hedd is planning a flagship for the near future.
That it exists proves there is something beyond the Hedd in its own field. Nothing related to price.

Feb 8, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #1,094 of 4,472
The only thing that keep these from being true endhame is the rumor Hedd is planning a flagship for the near future.
That it exists proves there is something beyond the Hedd in its own field. Nothing related to price.

And that's nothing compared to the even more theoretical LCD-6, Stax SR-011, and Susvara Extreme.

Feb 8, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #1,095 of 4,472
The He

Oh please. Just because HEDD have plans for a future flagship 3 years down the line doesn’t make the here and now obsolete. Stax are officially working on an Omega 3, does that make the 009S yesteryear’s headphone? Or what about the rumored Utopia 2? Guess all Utopia owners are obsolete now. I’ll do you one better - RAAL have a circumaural headphone planned. Whoops, guess the SR1A isn’t endgame anymore huh?

This kind of mindless speculation and endless hypetrain chasing is a waste of brain energy. Live in the here and now and not in the clouds for once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back