HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Jan 29, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #1,021 of 4,482
For those that have pre-ordered with us, we just got word that we have another 8 HEDDphones on the way. We're receiving them as fast as HEDD can pump them out.

As Alan said above, they are a small team and they're producing them as fast as they can. They're hoping to be able to increase production in February and hopefully we will have all the pre-orders fulfilled at that point for those looking to buy without pre-ordering.

We will be sending out another e-mail with an update for those who will be getting the 8 along with updated positions for the next batch.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 29, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #1,022 of 4,482
Focal is a much much larger company than Hedd. They had to build another factory just to keep up with Utopia production right in the beginning. It is hard to get a good scope of how big the headphone world is now and how big the demand is on the latest headphones.

After you do your first launch, it should go better in the future launches. Also if you can also grow your production team!

Jan 30, 2020 at 2:34 AM Post #1,023 of 4,482
I would imagine that there is a good bunch of people that think they can take advantage of some resale discounts as the ones that decide not to keep them from the first batches will put theirs on the market. My guess is that there will not be much of a discount in the resale market because of how small the company still is and the backlog that may continue as more orders come in on (assumed) further positive impressions and reviews. I mean for the money, it seems like it deserves a good share of the sub 2K price market and even creeping into the 2.5 to 3K price market. Just my opinion.

Jan 30, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #1,024 of 4,482
I am very hyped and really want to try these. I have read more than 60 pages of people discussing how great the Heddphone is. Sad thing is I contact Hedd and they not yet get back to me more than a week. I think they would prioritize selling to American market first. Is there anybody in Europe had a chance to try them yet?
You can try them in various place in Europe buy yeh, US had priority. Spoke with HEDD a few days ago to express my dissatisfaction for ordering when they first popped up at one of their dealers on the 5th of Jan and still nothing. Should be here in 1-2 weeks I'm assured.

As I said before, this product launch was a disaster.

Jan 30, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #1,025 of 4,482
Product launch disaster? Why? Because you can't wait a month? Like a petulant child.

Jan 30, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #1,026 of 4,482
You can try them in various place in Europe buy yeh, US had priority. Spoke with HEDD a few days ago to express my dissatisfaction for ordering when they first popped up at one of their dealers on the 5th of Jan and still nothing. Should be here in 1-2 weeks I'm assured.

As I said before, this product launch was a disaster.
in former East Germany you had to sign up for a car at the day of your birth in order to be eligible to receive the car at your 18th birthday.Call yourself lucky you were born in a free country.

Jan 30, 2020 at 4:29 AM Post #1,027 of 4,482
I think one has to take into consideration the parties involved here. By the sounds of it, HEDD Audio is not a very big company at all. This is a brand new product that they are introducing, let alone a first AMT headphone on the commercial market. They've been doing their best to improve or finalise the product over the last few months, taking in whatever feedback they received and making appropriate changes. Many on here were screaming about why it was taking them so long.

As Alan states above, they are getting questions from potential consumers, potential vendors, existing vendors, parts suppliers, hobbyists, etc. and they are just doing the best that they can to keep up with their inbox. Emails take time. If they make it too short, some will complain that their messages are rude. Take the time to make them proper and others will complain that they are not responding or that they are taking too long to respond. Everyone just needs to chill and let them do the best that they can, which they obviously would be trying to do.

I made a full downpayment three weeks ago. Yes, I message my dealer about once a week just to ask if there is any update but I know that his hands are also tied. And I can fully understand why HEDD Audio will be slow in responding to messages. It's not like hundreds of people are getting them and I'm sitting here waiting for mine. Everyone is not getting them yet and I don't think it's because HEDD is trying to build up hype like Apple does with their phone launches when they were the only thing. I want them to take their time and make them and make them right, which is why it takes so long, in addition to the hands on process of making each HEDDphone, as can be seen in the video posted earlier.

Jan 30, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #1,028 of 4,482
I would imagine that there is a good bunch of people that think they can take advantage of some resale discounts as the ones that decide not to keep them from the first batches will put theirs on the market. My guess is that there will not be much of a discount in the resale market because of how small the company still is and the backlog that may continue as more orders come in on (assumed) further positive impressions and reviews. I mean for the money, it seems like it deserves a good share of the sub 2K price market and even creeping into the 2.5 to 3K price market. Just my opinion.
I would agree and can see these competing against those of twice their retail price.
And the fact that they are 'regular' HPS's (ones that don't need special supporting electronics…) means they will be much easier to integrate into existing systems, as in, take out of the box, plug in and listen…
For some this alone is a significant factor.

And from a particular perspective these HEDD'rs remind me of HD800's.
That perspective is in it's SQ and it's ability to present a dimensional soundstage with 'realism'.
Of course there are differences and some surprising similarities like they both need 'proper' amps to drive them, and they both scale really well.

And I can already see folks using aftermarket cables…

JJ

Jan 30, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #1,029 of 4,482
And from a particular perspective these HEDD'rs remind me of HD800's.
That perspective is in it's SQ and it's ability to present a dimensional soundstage with 'realism'.
Of course there are differences and some surprising similarities like they both need 'proper' amps to drive them, and they both scale really well.

And I can already see folks using aftermarket cables…

JJ
That's a good point regarding its similarities with HD800. It was one of my first TOTL headphones when I bought them. If the HEDDphone will give me as many years of good and happy use, I will be a happy camper and a repeat customer in their future models if they suit my preferences.

The part that I admire most about HEDD Audio is that they mentioned long ago what the projected price could possibly be and they never moved up from it even after seeing all the positive comments and the comparisons of how it measures up to other headphones that are up to twice its price and even more still. That definitely left a good impression on me of them.

Jan 30, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #1,030 of 4,482
Yeah so they WAY underestimated the response to a brand new approach of a HP driver.
Disaster?
Um, this just strikes me as a reaction by some who are disappointed when their expectations aren't met.

Oh well,,,

JJ

Jan 30, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #1,031 of 4,482
I would imagine that there is a good bunch of people that think they can take advantage of some resale discounts as the ones that decide not to keep them from the first batches will put theirs on the market. My guess is that there will not be much of a discount in the resale market
With the current sold out supply, if someone puts theirs on eBay, it might actually sell for over list price.

Jan 30, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #1,032 of 4,482
Patience.

A Disaster is LHLabs. Still waiting on a Geek Wave 5 years later with the occasional email update. Well not really waiting...if you don't care anymore. Lol.

I'd rather they take their time than run into QC issues. *cough* Hifiman *cough*

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #1,034 of 4,482
Product launch disaster? Why? Because you can't wait a month? Like a petulant child.
Remember when it was ready in October then November then December then officially mid January and it's looking like February now? Schiit knows not to promise deadlines for this exact reason. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a brilliant headphone but they should have been honest about the delivery dates and the fact EU should wait as US will get the first batch so EU will have a later official launch. Transparency is all that was needed. Yeah, failed. I get their a small company but not a startup so they have market experience.

Jan 30, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #1,035 of 4,482
Remember when it was ready in October then November then December then officially mid January and it's looking like February now? Schiit knows not to promise deadlines for this exact reason. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a brilliant headphone but they should have been honest about the delivery dates and the fact EU should wait as US will get the first batch so EU will have a later official launch. Transparency is all that was needed. Yeah, failed. I get their a small company but not a startup so they have market experience.
Jason from schiit rarely promises release date for this exact reason. His schiit book specifically said postpone your expect date for 9 month and then you get the actual shipping date. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back