HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Jan 28, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #1,006 of 4,478
Thanks - sounds good! Ampwise I'm really satisfied with my Questyle CMA 600i. Ultra fast, transparent and precise, but not analytical, tons of power when used balanced. My problem is the internal DAC. Paired with the heddphone it doesn't open up the soundstage as I wish (and as I'm used to know from external sources). So, from many other reviews I got the impression it's a great dac but does the Bifrost offer a deep and wide sounstage too?

Certainly wide - on the HEDDphone that is no problem. Deep is maybe not the best strength of the HEDDphones, but it is a system thing. The Bifrost is an outstanding DAC period, and at the price just about unbeatable. If you like your amp, try the Bifrost - Schiit has a 15 day trial period so the risk is low.

Jan 28, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #1,007 of 4,478
Certainly wide - on the HEDDphone that is no problem. Deep is maybe not the best strength of the HEDDphones, but it is a system thing. The Bifrost is an outstanding DAC period, and at the price just about unbeatable. If you like your amp, try the Bifrost - Schiit has a 15 day trial period so the risk is low.

Great. Should really give it a try - thanks again!

Jan 28, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #1,008 of 4,478
I can concur that Questyle offers a great synergy with Heddphone. In the summer of 19 I was at the Audiovista in Krefeld, Germany and took my personal Questyle CMA 12 along with me to hook it up to the then prototype Heddphone. I was pleasantly surprised by its bass performance. I felt the bass played with authority, but without bleeding into the mids.
As soon as more Heddphones become available in Germany I also hope to have a chance to hook them up to the Meier Corda Soul. Meier's special crossfeed could serve the Heddphone well.

Jan 28, 2020 at 10:54 PM Post #1,010 of 4,478
It must be because of the Questyles' current mode amplification technology which automatically adjusts the current according to the resistance of the headphone, making it pair more optimally.

Oh my God is that what current mode amplification means?? Now it makes sense. I'm happy to know the CMA series is synergistic with this headphone. I was thinking about selling my CMA600i to fund a TT2, but in that case....

Jan 28, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #1,011 of 4,478
Um, every amp does this because of E=IR.

JJ

Jan 29, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #1,014 of 4,478
Just anyone curious.... Has anyone received their HEDDphone that was NOT part of the first batch of Headphone.com releases? In other words, has anyone received a HEDDphone that was not purchased from Headphone.com or was from a second batch of Headphone.com?

What's the update on the next releases?

Jan 29, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #1,015 of 4,478
What's the update on the next releases?

I am supposed to be in headphones.com's second batch I think. They sent an update on Jan 21 to the effect that they didn't have an ETA other than ASAP on the part of HEDD and headphones.com didn't want to be more specific in order to avoid making promises they might not be able to keep.

Jan 29, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #1,017 of 4,478
Hm I am going to visit the Norddeutsche Hifitage this coming weekend in Hamburg...but as it seems Hedd is not attending. Somewhat dissapointing since its a mere 200km from their Heddquarter ...but I quess Hedd is setting its priorities to the international market.

Jan 29, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #1,018 of 4,478
I am very hyped and really want to try these. I have read more than 60 pages of people discussing how great the Heddphone is. Sad thing is I contact Hedd and they not yet get back to me more than a week. I think they would prioritize selling to American market first. Is there anybody in Europe had a chance to try them yet?

Jan 29, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #1,019 of 4,478
Early part of the year is a lot of shows and international travel really takes a lot out of you. Coming from NAMM, spending a few days in LA, going back to Europe, catching up with work and new emails, then also getting ready for CanJam New York.

Just remember that Hedd is a small company getting stretched pretty far lately. Chris from Hedd came by our store last week on Monday and it was kind of amazing how much work he could juggle all at the same time, having a meeting with us, taking calls, sending emails. Taking care of a new headphone launch, regular day to day business, and also tons of international travel? I know I would be exhausted also.

Jan 29, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #1,020 of 4,478
I am very hyped and really want to try these. I have read more than 60 pages of people discussing how great the Heddphone is. Sad thing is I contact Hedd and they not yet get back to me more than a week. I think they would prioritize selling to American market first. Is there anybody in Europe had a chance to try them yet?
Sold out. That’s why lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back