Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Feb 21, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #1,726 of 1,734
update from me.

i have found the quality of the acrylic used in my C3s wear out pretty easily. i've had them for coming to 3 years?

the socket just ripped a new hole out of the left side, pulling off the faceplate in the process. looking in it i realized that the acrylic has gone brittle, and its extremely thin all around compared to the moulds produced by Unique Melody (about twice the thickness in comparison).

I'm not sure whether the acrylic quality has changed now that they're working with fisher, but good luck fellas. hear from you in a couple years. it sure seems like Alien Ears is trying to clean up their act, but if the acrylic is this fragile, you can bet i won't come knocking.

C3s have since been sent to UM for a remold. should have bloody done this a long time ago.

Aug 9, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #1,727 of 1,734
im thinking bout getting some alien ears (straight from alien ears not hearyourself) but i dont have a wirless ears at the church i play at most of the time. My soltion is to just get a like 20 ft exstension but will that kill teh sound quality coming out of the Aviom?

Aug 10, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #1,729 of 1,734

Quote:
im thinking bout getting some alien ears (straight from alien ears not hearyourself) but i dont have a wirless ears at the church i play at most of the time. My soltion is to just get a like 20 ft exstension but will that kill teh sound quality coming out of the Aviom?

Don't think about it, HYS=Alier Ears. And as you can read, their CS is the worst of the worst.

Apr 9, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #1,731 of 1,734
I was one of the first to post in  this thread way back in September of '08. My C-3's have been going strong this whole time. Still fit well and sound as good as the day I got them.  My more recent experience with Alien Ears however, has been more "User Unfriendly" I never thought that I would be able to afford to upgrade to Jerry Harvey JH13's, but I recently found a pair here at head-Fi and decided to get them re-shelled at AE.I opted for a professional set of impressions done at a local Miracle Ear office. The tech was so interested in the whole IEM concept that he offered to do them for free. I paid him anyway. $50.00 His impressions where identical to the ones I made, but I just had to see..I tracked them to the lab and they arrived there on 3/7/12. Start The Clock!  There was an error on my original order form and I recieved a PayPal invoice for the cost of a custom color which I cancelled and sent an email to AE to confirm the correct price as well as entering the correct information on the interactive invoice with a note pionting out the error. I never recieved an response to my email to AE. I tried to track the progress on the site but the page would not load. I sent an email to AE asking to confirm arrival and proper form of my impressions and again recieved no response. both through the sites "contact us" page as well as sales@alienears.com. Again no response  I then made the mistake of sending my original C-3's to the lab for a re-shell for my friend.. This set shows up on the progress tracking page but still no word about my orginal JH13 reshells. I just sent another email this past Saturday and so far no response. I tried calling this past week but again no return call from the message I left.
Wednesday will be 5 weeks, The outside estimate for return of my order. Apperently, if you are ordering a new set, your turn around time is still pretty fast but re-shells don't make them the same money, so they are placed on the back burner.So far my orders are still within advertised estimates but the lack of customer service response is beyond unacceptable. And to tell us not to bother them for updates because it would make them stop work to check is bunk. You place and order in a tray with a bar code on it and track it each step of they way. In and out of shell pouring, in and out of electronic install, in and out of testing, etc. I don't think we are asking too much for a basic standard of the industry process.
      I f and when I finally get my orders back, I'm sorry to say that I won't be using the services of Alien ears in the future. There are just too many other options out there now..

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #1,733 of 1,734
Custom IEMs are something that you just have to buy to try. Even universal versions floating aroung shops and meets cannot show the true sense of a custom.. JH audio reviews outshine AE's so much that even their single drivers have turned people away from AE, Apples and Oranges.

Jul 11, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #1,734 of 1,734
My C3's are still going strong but need a new cable. What type of connector should I be looking for? UE and Westone replacement cables look close. Any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back