Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Jul 18, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #1,396 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh well, looks like i just have to wait. It's been 2 weeks since i posted the impressions off to them. Hope to get them before my extremely long cross-continent flight!
wink.gif

how long is your continent?

Jul 19, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #1,397 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MaoDi,
The Alien Ears / Hearyourself are the best "bang for The Buck" in this price range!!! If you have more funds availlable, the next choice would be the Westone ES3X at around 800-900, then the "New Kid On The Block" (or should I say the old kid on the block come back to show how it's done) would be the new JH13's. I have not had the pleasure but if long time Head-Fi'ers are to be believed, they are incredible.
As for new models, I believe that Alien Ears is now offerring an Ambient model that will let some sound in for a slightly less isolated feel, as well as a new crossover design.

I am already having Es3X and the New JH10X3 PRo made for me, however i am still stoked for these...a new model i was hoping saya three way quad driver, or a three way triple driver.

Jul 19, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #1,398 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried warming them with my wife's blow dryer, but didn't want to melt anything so I chickened out and sent them off instead. Danny's are sloid white so I could not see up the tubes as I can with my clear light blue, I remember that your's were pretty dark purple so I guess you can't see to far up the tubes either. I would just send them off for the lab to fix. It did not look as if they opened Danny's up so maybe thay have a trick or two up thier sleeves.

yeah mine are too dark to see far into. Guess they're headed to the shop

Jul 21, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #1,401 of 1,734
wow seriously.. lucky you... i emailed andre consistently and have gotten sporadic replies from time to time.. my moulds reached them on 29th june.. i'm still waiting for them to finish it.. my major concern is the shrinkage of the moulds.. i was told by my audiologist that all silicon moulds will shrink after a month.. i'm real patient.. but some things just can't wait.. really hope i get some kind of confirmation soon.. because if they eventually come and it doesn't fit right.. imagine i'll have to get another impression made and send it back to them.. driving my costs up.. making this purchase less worth my while..

Jul 21, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #1,403 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok andre just responded with my tracking number.. they shipped it out 19th july.. *cross my fingers they turn out fine*

now lucky you!
wink.gif

Looking at the timeframe for yours.. i seriously doubt mine will reach me anytime soon!
frown.gif
similarly to you, i've recently only received sporadic replies from Andre. *sigh*

Jul 21, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #1,405 of 1,734
I now have two sets of impressions, one set of my audiologist and one set all by myself. I couldn't resist the temptation of the alien ears package.

From this experience I have to say it doesn't make any difference. The impressions exactly look the same. It was a piece of cake (of material) to make my own impressions. The only thing I would advice is to put the material in the refrigerator so it will be easier to inject it into your ear.

I think about getting transparent/electric blue molds with clear wiring.

Jul 22, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #1,406 of 1,734
Looks like mine will be here today, sooner than expected! Don't think i'll have much time to really listen to them tonight but i'll listen to a few songs and post some initial impressions and then let them burn in for at least 24 hrs before posting a more complete review.

Jul 22, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #1,407 of 1,734
Anyone tried the friction mold service of alien ears yet ? the image on there site look like they cover the inner side of the ear piece. look pretty strong without worry about breaking the nasal off the earpiece. anyone ?

Jul 23, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #1,408 of 1,734
HEY FOLKS! mine just came in the mail! they fit great!! they look great! my art work looks great too! i've got 1 question and 1 disappointment though..

Question:
am i suppose to be able to hear ppl talk with them inserted but no music playing? it certainly drowns out noise a great deal but i can still hear the telly a bit without music.. normal?

Disappointment:
Andre fitted them with the old hearyourself cable not the new sony cable... WHY DAMN IT WHY!! =''''((

Jul 23, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #1,409 of 1,734
A lot of people seem to be having trouble getting in touch with Andre, my suggestion is to call him. He is a great guy and actually remembered me by name when I called about the problem I'm having (and I got my IEMs last summer and haven't spoken to him since then). I think the reason for that was instead of just emails I called when I wanted to ask him something and you could tell he took an interest in mine because he actually knows who I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back