Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Mar 13, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #1,171 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are these better than IE8 or W3?

The IE8's are dynamic and I have read no comparison reviews of the the C-3's and the Senn IE8's. I've read one person who feels that the w-3's are close to being on par with the C-3's from hearyourself, but which person it was eludes me. you'll have to search back through the thread to find the review of the c-3's and Westones.
Sorry, I know it's a big thread but I really shouldn't try to answer your question with " I've never tried them but I read This and that"

Mar 16, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #1,172 of 1,734
Well... I gotta say... if your on the fence, reading thru this thread, trying to decide on whether to order custom's from Hearyourself... Don't hesitate! Do it now! So you too can be enjoying some amazing sound from these bad boys!
I am truly amazed at the detail and quality I am hearing.
Today I listened to:
S.M.V. (Clarke, Miller, Wooten)
Jill Scott
Raphael Saadiq
and currently U2 - No Line On The Horizon.
Amazing! Rediscovering my music collection!

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #1,174 of 1,734
Depending on the distance from the image, I find listening to movies with headphones in general to have spacial issues. With my C-3's as well as other high end cans, the wider the soundstage, the better. but my brain sees an inage outside my head when the audio is inside my head for the most part.
The Monitor I have right here in front of me is a 22" HD monitor with RGB input for use as a computer monitor so I can use the DVD jukebox onscreen menues to listen and sort my CD's as well. So Basically, I have a widescreen HD screen 14 " from my face. It makes for a great experience with DVD's. I have it on a swing arm so I can move it about wherever I want.

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #1,175 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Noobia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has any1 tried watching movie with this custom IEM? Is it any good?

I've used my C-3's to watch a movie with my Creative Zen Vision W. Connected straight to the source without an amp and for the most part it was good! I watched the Dark Knight and the dialogue was a bit soft and had to boost the volume but then had to pull back a little when the action sequences started. I guess an attenuator would have helped in this instance.
Overall not a bad experience!

Mar 18, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #1,176 of 1,734
After playing tag with the post office, I finally took delivery of my monitors this morning, along with the ear plugs and musicians plugs this morning. Pics will follow, the monitors are plain white C3's with the black cables.

First impressions:

All the left moulds feel loose, they don't quite seal as well as the right ones do.

The musicians plugs feel slightly loose in both ears, I'm not sure if that's just the nature of the softer material, but they don't seem to seal as well as I expect them to.

The soft earplugs don't seal properly on the left ear, I can feel it move (as I can with all the left ear plugs) when I move my jaw, this doesn't happen with the right ones other than the musicians plugs.

The sound from the monitors is quite glorious.

I'm thinking I should keep using them all for a few days and see if my ears bed in or get used to them before making any decision.

I think these are going to be stunning once the fitment issues are sorted. I've emailed Andre this information to see what he thinks.

More soon.

J.

Mar 18, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #1,177 of 1,734
I know that Andre recommends fitting the impressions back in your ears, checking the fit, and then visually compare them to the monitors to see of there are any obvious differences.Is there such a word as GLORIOUSER ??? After a few days of listening and fitting. that word will probably need to be added to your vocabulary

Mar 23, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #1,178 of 1,734
Took me some hours too read through the pages, got hooked at page one
tongue.gif

Thank you head-fi, once again you will empty my pockets. Sniff...

Mar 26, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #1,181 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by ralliart12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those look nice, hifidk. I suppose u just specified "clear" for the whole thing when ordering?

Actually, they are Translucent Black with custom logo
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #1,183 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeh and the Logo was looking at me!!!!!!

Haha, actually it is a weird font that I got somewhere on the web. It actually says "AE"
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #1,184 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by hifidk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, they are Translucent Black with custom logo
smily_headphones1.gif

Oops...how careless of me to miss that logo...wow...the "black" is a bit on the "light" side, IMO...but hey, it's still nice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back