Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Feb 22, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #1,141 of 1,734
The sleeks are indeed another option. The Sleek customs are basically the SA6's in a custom shell so you have the oprion of auditioning the SA6's first to see if you like the overall signature. I found them a little bright and ended up giving the SA6's away, but many people have disagreed with me on that.

Feb 26, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #1,142 of 1,734
Curious on how many people with Hear Yourself customs have tried a different cable and if so, which brand and what are your thoughts?
Also, I saw this on the Null Audio website and was wondering what this does to the sound? Any other enhancements or mods that anyone can share?

Feb 26, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #1,144 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by fzsrv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Curious on how many people with Hear Yourself customs have tried a different cable and if so, which brand and what are your thoughts?
Also, I saw this on the Null Audio website and was wondering what this does to the sound? Any other enhancements or mods that anyone can share?

Tried Westone, UE and Null Audio cables. I suppose the Null Audio is the best, but it's by a hair really, and it isn't nearly as flexible as the other two. Based on that, the UE cable is the best choice. It brings out a bit of the high end that's missing with the stock and Westone cables.

Feb 27, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #1,145 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tried Westone, UE and Null Audio cables. I suppose the Null Audio is the best, but it's by a hair really, and it isn't nearly as flexible as the other two. Based on that, the UE cable is the best choice. It brings out a bit of the high end that's missing with the stock and Westone cables.

Quote:

Have personally tried the Null Audio cable on my ol' TF10p: it brings out the soundstage a lot; service frm e maker is prompt and polite too; overall a good product. Currently using UE custom cable on my C3s, haven't establish a firm verdict yet, but currently I'm liking what I hear a lot
icon10.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #1,146 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by ralliart12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have personally tried the Null Audio cable on my ol' TF10p: it brings out the soundstage a lot; service frm e maker is prompt and polite too; overall a good product. Currently using UE custom cable on my C3s, haven't establish a firm verdict yet, but currently I'm liking what I hear a lot
icon10.gif

The UE custom cable on the C3 make it a baby UE11 at a fraction of the cost. Sound sig is extremely similar. The C3's midrange is a little more forward, and the UE11 have a bit more high end and soundstage, but they sound very close.

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:52 AM Post #1,147 of 1,734
Quote:

...but currently I'm liking what I hear a lot
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The UE custom cable on the C3 make it a baby UE11 at a fraction of the cost. Sound sig is extremely similar. The C3's midrange is a little more forward, and the UE11 have a bit more high end and soundstage, but they sound very close.

Yup, that's kinda "quantifying" how I'm enjoying the custom cable on my C3s into words. Even nicer to hear this coming from a person who DOES own a pair of UE11.
regular_smile .gif

A lot of time there're many proud people I've come across (locally) who tinks their top-tier customs are the best AND our C3s are inferior (I chosed not to dispute), but they are forgetting 1 point: "fraction of the cost"
tongue.gif

Mar 1, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #1,148 of 1,734
Quote:

A lot of time there're many proud people I've come across (locally) who tinks their top-tier customs are the best AND our C3s are inferior (I chosed not to dispute), but they are forgetting 1 point: "fraction of the cost"
tongue.gif

C3's are a much better value than the UE11, and I don't even regret purchasing the UE11. The C3 is also lighter and more comfortable, so for nearly 1/3 of the price, you get a similar sound performance and greater comfort. Very hard to beat that combination.

Mar 2, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #1,149 of 1,734
Wow....thank you, EyeAmEye!!

I was already extremely happy with my C3s, but with comparisons like that you've just made me happier yet with my purchase!
icon10.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #1,150 of 1,734
So I got an email from Andre requesting that I resubmit my graphic/logo as my monitors are now on the bench and ready to be burned! Does this mean they are near completion? Will I be receiving a shipment confirmation shortly?
Oh baby.... I can't wait!

Mar 3, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #1,151 of 1,734
Sure sounds like they are completed except for the final step of lasering the logo on. fzsrv, get your logo to Andre! Run, don't walk!
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #1,152 of 1,734
Quote:

So I got an email from Andre requesting that I resubmit my graphic/logo as my monitors are now on the bench and ready to be burned! Does this mean they are near completion? Will I be receiving a shipment confirmation shortly?
Oh baby.... I can't wait!

Can't wait to see your set
o2smile.gif

Mar 4, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #1,153 of 1,734
I got my Alien Ears 3 drivers a couple of days ago.
They take a bit of getting used to.
The right one was good by the left one had a high spot on the helix area.
I carefully rounded this area with a single cut file and now it is as good as the right.
I can't say that IEMs are comfortable but I'm still getting used to them.
They certainly work as advertised by blocking environmental noise
I may get around to posting photos

Mar 9, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #1,155 of 1,734
Got my shipment notification this morning!
Hopefully they will arrive on Wednesday... my birthday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back