Hearyourself.com custom IEM discussion thread
Nov 25, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #1,607 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it possible to ban maodi from entering this thread.. hes getting annoying after 107 pages..
i probably wouldn't have said anything before cos i frankly don't care that much but pushing ppl off alien ears on to JH when he hasn't even heard them takes the cake.

I'm sorry if you've taken my word to a misunderstanding. I'm not saying AlienEars is a "bad" company and pulling people off. I just wanted to state that i myself have had troubles contacting AlienEars for the past 3 months as i haven't received any response. I would like to kindly ask if this is suppose to be a point to just be ignored when purchasing hundred/s dollar customs?

Because customer service in my opinion is an extremely important part in the purchasing of a product. If i don't get the service i want, how am i guaranteed and confident that if my custom monitors are to fail that i will get swift, great service?

If i am banned for giving my personal experience with AlienEars, I don't think that would be rational. Comparing of companies always happens. It's true that Jerry has a lot of experience with Custom monitors, it's without a doubt. I am not saying JH Audio is superior to AlienEars directly. But if one isn't satisfied with AlienEars, then i would obviously offer another recommendation like JH Audio.

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:27 AM Post #1,608 of 1,734
so all you've had experience with is emailing alien ears is that right? because thats all i've read in the last 100 or so pages. no one appreciates you lording your experience in a thread that doesn't concern you. and i wouldn't have to go very far to find a post where you did just that.

all i'm saying is stick to the threads where your opinion matters. it doesn't here.

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #1,609 of 1,734
So my experience with "unable to contact" the company and not receiving any replies is useless and doesn't account to the purchasing experience? Because this is a discussion thread not an appreciation thread.

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:33 AM Post #1,610 of 1,734
If it is so for a good reason, then fair enough. But I think lack of communication is a legitimate reason for further consideration to buy from the company or not. But if i have offended any of you with my experience, then my deepest apologies.

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #1,611 of 1,734
sure but i'm pretty sure you can let it go after a couple of posts here... you're posting about all kinds of things irrelevant to your "purchasing experience" since all of us here know you were just trying to get a set to review and not actually purchase. PLUS, you never bothered trying to call and expected one of us to help you call on your behalf.

That sir, is my point.

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:43 AM Post #1,612 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sure but i'm pretty sure you can let it go after a couple of posts here... you're posting about all kinds of things irrelevant to your "purchasing experience" since all of us here know you were just trying to get a set to review and not actually purchase. PLUS, you never bothered trying to call and expected one of us to help you call on your behalf.

That sir, is my point.

Um sorry. Yes i was trying to contact for a review pair as i had received multiple request to see if i could do a comparison. I was seriously considering buying a pair. I was wondering if the C3's could be made with Silicone actually, if they were to be able to do it i was going to buy a pair.

I had asked some kindly for some of you to mention about the email because i have three jobs. I rarely have time extra time on hands for anything reviewing product and music is stress relief and my hobby. I just wanted to ask anyone contacting to mention if they had received an email from me to follow up.

I find it rather offensive that you have just implied I am just after the company for the review sample, and just hunting for it rather than actually wanting to purchase the product. I can afford the product, and was planning to buy the product for my personal use on exercise. But I request for a review sample because I try to fulfill requests for comparisons. If I were to buy every product that i reviewed, i'd be bankrupted.

Anyways, this is getting off topic. Will keep your words in mind, and refrain from repetitiveness.

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #1,613 of 1,734
ok right now i'm not gonna say i doubt you have 3 jobs.. you might even have 4 jobs but you seem to be free enough to express your negative views on this thread all the time, almost instantaneously. if you can do this, clearly you can make the call.

mod's please change the title of this thread to an Appreciation thread instead of a Discussion thread so we can end this argument now?

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #1,616 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by xedhimself /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

Left side of my c3's sound is higher than the right one.
I think the mid/high driver is dead...
Will try to contact André, hope he will be ok to fix this problem, as I can still use the warranty till the end of november...

How long do you thing it will take for fixing my hearphones (i'm living in France...)
triportsad.gif
frown.gif

I'm sure you've already dealt with this, but I had the same problem. Got an RMA from Andre and had them back to me in a week (in the US). Was a pretty painless experience
tongue.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #1,617 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon3003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure you've already dealt with this, but I had the same problem. Got an RMA from Andre and had them back to me in a week (in the US). Was a pretty painless experience
tongue.gif

Yeap, André send them back last tuesday, i'm waiting for the postman, i hope before this week end!
It took 3 weeks from the day i send them to America.

Dec 3, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #1,618 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by xedhimself /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeap, André send them back last tuesday, i'm waiting for the postman, i hope before this week end!
It took 3 weeks from the day i send them to America.

3 Weeks isn't too bad for international speeds. Glad you got it sorted as easily as I did
beerchug.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #1,619 of 1,734
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon3003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3 Weeks isn't too bad for international speeds. Glad you got it sorted as easily as I did
beerchug.gif

1 week from France to USA, 1 week for the repair including thanksgiving, and a week from USA to my ears!
beerchug.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #1,620 of 1,734
I probably would have ignored that guy's begs for a free pair without any sort of media connection too. I'm glad I saw the end of that derail so "MaoDi" didn't dissuade me from checking into what seems to be a positively viewed company.

I just got back from the audiologist, then post office where I sent my impressions off with 2-day shipping. I'm hoping for a fast turnaround, so that maybe I'll have the finished product for a 12 hour plane trip on the 18th. It's 11 business days. Maybe I'll get really lucky.

While I was at the ear doctor she said, "wow, you have *really* small ear canal openings," so it's nice to hear an expert notice why I haven't been able to get any universal IEMs even CLOSE to fitting in my ears. That was the reason I decided to try something custom in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back