Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
May 19, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #2,611 of 4,123
Quote:

Well - it appears we were both wrong.  I contacted Rob - and just got reply back.  He says that for the current 4G/4T, the impedance is 3-5 ohms.

His exact reply ......
"Hi Paul,

its about 3-5 ohm output impedance now.

Rob
"

Interesting... Would be nice if some people with CIEMs or multi-driver BAs comment on the Arrow 4g/4t. I currently have a Arrow 4g and i'm waiting for my UERMs to arrive next week. The UERM and the TF10s have some of the most varying impedance curves and are very sensitive to output impedance. However, Average_Joe gave the 4g a 10/10 for hiss and 8.3 for Total Quality, High sensitivity IEMs.

I would love to get one of those mini interconnects if anyone would sell me theirs.

May 19, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #2,612 of 4,123
I personally found that I liked the 3G over the 4G, it has a nice dark sound signature, very warm, but with good sound stage and details and that tremendous bass boost.  The 4G might be a technically better sounding amp, but it was more neutral and boring to me, also the bass boost was diminished.  I am wondering if this was the general consensus, as Robert went back with a warmer sound more musical sound (Ive never heard the 4T just going by his own descriptions), and how the bass boost is compared to the 3G.  I've been thinking about seriously picking up a backup 3G, but I'm hoping the 4T is a good enough amp I could just get one, it would be easier, as I know Robert has a long production and longer repair time.

May 19, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #2,613 of 4,123
Quote:
Interesting... Would be nice if some people with CIEMs or multi-driver BAs comment on the Arrow 4g/4t. I currently have a Arrow 4g and i'm waiting for my UERMs to arrive next week. The UERM and the TF10s have some of the most varying impedance curves and are very sensitive to output impedance. However, Average_Joe gave the 4g a 10/10 for hiss and 8.3 for Total Quality, High sensitivity IEMs.

I would love to get one of those mini interconnects if anyone would sell me theirs.

getting UERM's?  you should be able to get any mini to mini from any cable maker haha.

May 19, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #2,614 of 4,123
Quote:

getting UERM's?  you should be able to get any mini to mini from any cable maker haha.

They're scheduled to be completed and shipped on the 23rd, I'm excited! I have the interconnect from fiio, as well as a DIY cable made by a head-fier, but I really like the form and size of the ones that come with the headstage arrows. I've contacted Rob about purchasing them directly from him, but he stated that he was low on stock on them and won't sell them separately.

May 20, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #2,615 of 4,123
the 1st bold quote answers your 2nd bold quote :wink:

Quote:
So... after doing a lot of research on portable amps... I'm pretty decided on the Headstage Arrow 4G/T 

So it looks like the 4G is a bit brighter than the 4T. I'm looking at either one due to power, battery life and size. I'm going to be using it with my ASG-1 (eventually 2s) and M-100s mostly. I've already demoed the 3G with the M-100s and enjoyed it. However for general usage, I'd like the amp to be more neutral and transparent just in case I get different headphones in the future. 

I'll probably get the 4T, because it is easier to find/buy. Anyone have experience with them? Or any input on the sound signatures? I mean I can always adjust both in bass and treble, which is one of the focal reasons why I'm considering the Arrow HE.

There is a 4G is on the F/S forum now at 225 plus shipping. Is it worth it? Or should I grab the 4T at full price (and have free shipping iirc)? 

Thanks!

May 20, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #2,616 of 4,123

mmmmm

May 22, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #2,620 of 4,123
Just ordered a 4g from a seller over at abi. I'm looking forward to it!

May 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #2,623 of 4,123
So I just got my 4G. And I think I'm in love already. 

For one the size is a perfect match for my J3 (seriously, it is like they were made for each other). And then the sound is just fantastic. The treble boost set to 1 is perfect for my ASG-1.3s. Nearly completely correcting the issues I had with them in the treble region.

I'm probably going to put it through its paces tomorrow. Should be interesting. But this is the best thing I've bought for my portable set up since I got my J3 (which doesn't have as much power as my D2)

May 24, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #2,624 of 4,123
Somebody told me that the arrow 4g has a narrow/cramped soundstage because it has good midrange, my arrow 4g has excellent soundstage lol he's gotta be smokin crack.

I know grado's have poor soundstage but I don't think midrange is the reason

May 24, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #2,625 of 4,123
Somebody told me that the arrow 4g has a narrow/cramped soundstage because it has good midrange, my arrow 4g has excellent soundstage lol he's gotta be smokin crack.

I know grado's have poor soundstage but I don't think midrange is the reason

I haven't listened to enough tracks to make the call, but according to chesky's binaural tracks, this has pretty fantastic soundstage. The 4G that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back