Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
May 31, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #2,356 of 4,123
Quote:
I picked up s1rrah's Arrow last night. This thing is awesome. I have never heard my IEM's sound so good. The separation and tight sound is amazing. I need to try it with my full-size cans over the weekend.

Oh yeah. Go ahead. Rub it in, why don't ya?

:wink:

Enjoy.

(how's the first level bass boost work with the UM3's, BTW?)

May 31, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #2,357 of 4,123
I tried the bass boost with the UM3s, but I thought it was too much bass. No boost was perfect to my ears.

Jun 1, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #2,358 of 4,123
I am admittedly a little late to the party here, but this amp is amazing. It makes my Grados sing.

Jun 1, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #2,359 of 4,123
I have been using it mostly with my Blox M2C, but have used it with my Grado 325is a few times, and you're right, it does do wonders with the Grado sound...

Jun 5, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #2,360 of 4,123
Quote:
There's an Arrow in my future. Exactly when, it's up to Robert. Just did the deal moments ago. 
evil_smiley.gif

Robert is on top of the case. 
smily_headphones1.gif
  I emailed him and got a prompt response. The amp I ordered on May 24th has made it's way from Hong Kong to a DHL hub that is some 14 miles away from me on Long Island. Entire delivery will have taken nine or ten business days. 

Edited: it officially took nine business days. Besides prompt delivery, Robert has promptly responded to followup emails. Delivery and response is only noteworthy in light of contrasting anecdotes elsewhere in this thread. 
redface.gif

Jun 8, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #2,361 of 4,123
This post probably isn't going to be relevant anymore since A. it's been discussed to death already and B. my Arrow 12HE 2G is two generations behind, but I can confirm that the 12HE 2G and the UE Triple.fi 10 do not pair well at all. Not sure what it is, but it tones down the treble response too much for my taste. Cymbals sound completely flat, and the separation isn't as good. It's strange though, the Arrow pairs very well with my Grados!

Jun 8, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #2,362 of 4,123
Quote:
This post probably isn't going to be relevant anymore since A. it's been discussed to death already and B. my Arrow 12HE 2G is two generations behind, but I can confirm that the 12HE 2G and the UE Triple.fi 10 do not pair well at all. Not sure what it is, but it tones down the treble response too much for my taste. Cymbals sound completely flat, and the separation isn't as good. It's strange though, the Arrow pairs very well with my Grados!

It has been discussed to death.  Output impedance was around 10ohms which screws up the TF10 crossover.  It's been fixed and below 1 ohm since 2.2/3G, can't recall which.  TF10 has the most susceptible crossover of any IEM to output impedance from any device.

Jul 24, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #2,363 of 4,123
So is an Arrow 3G worth the $140 extra over my newly purchased Fiio E11? I'll be using it with Etymotic ER-4B primarily, IE8, and Senns HD555. 

Can't decide if I should return the E11 and shell out the extra cash.

edit: too late, my impulses got the best of me.

Aug 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #2,367 of 4,123
[size=10pt]Received my Arrow 4G today, and although it’s very early in the evaluation process, first impressions are nothing but stunning. Beautifully built, and the sound, of my god, the sound… I have goose bumps all over at the moment. [/size]

[size=10pt]Heartfelt gratitude to Robert for allowing me to have this AMP and for following me up and answering every stupid question I had in the process. [/size][size=10pt]Robert, you are a prince! Thanks[/size]

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #2,368 of 4,123
Quote:
My arrow just arrived...plugging it into the computer...no green light turns on, however when i play something through it the red light turns on...

is it charging?!

Hi,

I didn't see any answer to this question and I'm having the exact same problem. For clarification: the amp works while the mini usb cable is plugged in but not (or not well) when it's not plugged in. And no light comes on at all when i plug in the amp (usb to usb) but am not listening to music. I've had my amp for a few months and this is a new problem. I'm thinking it needs a new battery or do i need a replacement amp? (a workaround would be best...
smile.gif
)
beerchug.gif

Aug 12, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #2,369 of 4,123
What a sublime technological marvell.. the size.. the build and texture of the cover.. its so small and cute and the Sound! Oh my days...  Stunning product.
What we now need is a good holding case. Check out my pic

Aug 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #2,370 of 4,123
Anyone have experience with the Arrow 4G and Sennheiser HD650 (or similar headphones)? Will Arrow be capable of running them? Is it a good match?

Any input welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back