Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
May 2, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #2,326 of 4,123
Danny, I saw your link to the Arrow manual here:

http://dannytang.ca/Arrow_Manual.pdf

I see at the back of the manual a list of changes for the various versions of the arrow up to the 3G. But is there a newer version of the manual that lists the technical improvements to the 4G?

Also, that manual says the battery charging time is affected by the supply current of the USB connector used. And that if the computer with the USB connector supplies less than 500mA, it could take longer to charge. My question therefore is, is it safe to plug the Arrow into the USB power adapter that Apple ships with its iPad? That adapter can supply 2.1A. And even if the Arrow only requires 500 mA, that iPad USB power adapter would guarantee that level of output. the other benefit to a USB power adapter for an iPad is portability.

May 3, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #2,327 of 4,123

Quote:
Danny, I saw your link to the Arrow manual here:
http://dannytang.ca/Arrow_Manual.pdf
I see at the back of the manual a list of changes for the various versions of the arrow up to the 3G. But is there a newer version of the manual that lists the technical improvements to the 4G?

Hi,

When I made the PDF of the manual from the old Headphonia forums Robert had a change log up to the 3G. If anyone has and official change log from Robert or another reliable source, I'd be glad to update the manual I'm hosting on my site.

May 15, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #2,328 of 4,123
Got my 4G in the mail today after purchasing from a fellow head-fier...I am upgrading from a PA2V2 (prior to that a FiiO E7) and am loving it so far...it pairs well with both my Blox M2C and my Grado SR325is.

Aside from the fantastic form factor and build quality, sound is top notch, and the manual switches for bass, crossfeed, etc are great. Can see why these are so freaking popular...

May 19, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #2,330 of 4,123
Quote:
Has anybody ordered from the latest batch to come out this week? I still have yet to receive confirmation from Robert regarding my order that was supposed to be shipped on the 15th.

I'm about to. I asked about them being in stock and Robert replied, "it depends on your location. When you are in the U.S. then your order would ship in one week from California. Other orders will ship from Hong Kong or Germany."

I'm in the US.

May 22, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #2,333 of 4,123
I ordered mine at the end of March, 28th or so, and just got it in the mail yesterday afternoon.  I am in the US so mine shipped out from Cali.  I am just loving the size of this amp as well as the sound quality from such a small source.  I do have one question, is there a good portable way to charge this amp without resorting to dragging my laptop or pc along for the ride?

May 22, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #2,334 of 4,123
I'll bet that there are power plugs that have a usb interface for charging on the go. Similar to the one Apple is using for iPhone charging.

May 22, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #2,335 of 4,123
I ordered mine at the end of March, 28th or so, and just got it in the mail yesterday afternoon.  I am in the US so mine shipped out from Cali.  I am just loving the size of this amp as well as the sound quality from such a small source.  I do have one question, is there a good portable way to charge this amp without resorting to dragging my laptop or pc along for the ride?

Here's what I've been using for a long time.. 5V output (just like a USB port).. works perfectly & has never given me any problem (Arrow's battery running like a champ with fantastic run time):

May 22, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #2,336 of 4,123
Something like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINI-USB-WALL-CHARGER-MOTOROLA-RAZR-V3-KRZR-K1-K1m-SLVR-PEBL-Z3-Q-Phone-/270982808207?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item3f17d5828f

May 22, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #2,337 of 4,123
Or a high capacity li-ion portable external battery pack made to power iphones/idevices and anything that takes 5V USB standard or mini in size.  Justmobile specializes in this need.

May 23, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #2,340 of 4,123
That's awesome, I was wondering about that (headed out for the long weekend coming up here in the US and don't want to be caught with my pants down...well, metaphorically speaking anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back