Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations
Nov 12, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #3,961 of 4,123
I really liked my old arrow and wish he'd update the DAC so I can use the arrow again, I'm just disappointed he hasn't updated the dac in years while everyone else has. His dac technology has stood still for 5, 10 years while everyone else has kept up and I wish he got the hint and updates as well.
Best to think of it as an amp. Forget its a dac.

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #3,963 of 4,123
Dec 8, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #3,964 of 4,123

Recently I've had to stop using IEM's. I've got my Headstage Arrow 5TX; may actually be my most prized possession.... Anyway are there any full size (really anything except IEM or OnEars) that you - or any reader for that matter - could suggest fir this amp in particular? My passer amps will work with mostly anything, but this really is the one I'm scouring the internet to find. 

Thanks in advance

Dec 8, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #3,965 of 4,123
I recently purchased HiFiMan Ed S and find that it works very well out of my Arrow 4G.  They are marketed as on ear but most folks tend to find that they are over ear, which they are for me.  I mostly use them "open", closed works, but isolation is not great. 

Arrow 4G is paired with a FiiO X3ii and I run Apple Lossless.

YMMV,
r2

Dec 8, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #3,966 of 4,123
Recently I've had to stop using IEM's. I've got my Headstage Arrow 5TX; may actually be my most prized possession.... Anyway are there any full size (really anything except IEM or OnEars) that you - or any reader for that matter - could suggest fir this amp in particular? My passer amps will work with mostly anything, but this really is the one I'm scouring the internet to find. 

Thanks in advance

Dec 23, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #3,968 of 4,123
hey guys

I am looking for a new amp so i can throw some more bass through my umpro50's just for fun, does any one know if the fiio e17k holds a candle to the arrow earlier models I can pick one up 2 doors away from me anytime i like for a fraction of the cost and it supports 24bit dac  or is the bass boost feature on the arrow really somthing special ? thanks for answering this is a big thread.

Dec 23, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #3,969 of 4,123
hey guys

I am looking for a new amp so i can throw some more bass through my umpro50's just for fun, does any one know if the fiio e17k holds a candle to the arrow earlier models I can pick one up 2 doors away from me anytime i like for a fraction of the cost and it supports 24bit dac  or is the bass boost feature on the arrow really somthing special ? thanks for answering this is a big thread.
The Arrow is all around better except one cant buy an Arrow.

Dec 23, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #3,971 of 4,123
on the Arrow you can boost the bass only ONLY the sub bass or only mid bass or the full bass. You can boost the treble two boost stages. Thinner, volume is more precise. But the issue is waiting time and no email replies.

Dec 23, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #3,972 of 4,123
ahh i see nah thats where I recon why buy new? , I am looking at second hand older models. do you know if the sq has improved over the generations or its more just the features I'm looking at a 2.2 or 3g because I dont think the bass boost on the 4g is what I am after, it supposedly gives a warmer or bloomier sound than the 3 and not sure about the 2.2 , the 2.2 I have found quite cheap tho

Dec 23, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #3,973 of 4,123
ahh i see nah thats where I recon why buy new? , I am looking at second hand older models. do you know if the sq has improved over the generations or its more just the features I'm looking at a 2.2 or 3g because I dont think the bass boost on the 4g is what I am after, it supposedly gives a warmer or bloomier sound than the 3 and not sure about the 2.2 , the 2.2 I have found quite cheap tho
You do a lit of thinking. Im as happy with the 5P and 5TX as I am with my Hugo and Mojo. With headphones I use the Arrow.

Dec 28, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #3,975 of 4,123
i have an issue with head stage arrow that has been on going for 5 months now, if it does not get resolved within a month I will share my experience in details, I hope Robert reads this thread, or some one who know him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back