Headstage Arrow Amp 12HE 4G
Jul 6, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #16 of 50
I know, I dont think i can stand the wait. How is the Lecterton UHA-4, looked at the basic specs, seems pretty similar to the Arrow and 100 bucks cheaper. Let me know what you think?

Jul 15, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #17 of 50
Placed my "pre" order on 6/23 for the Headstage 4G, got an automated email, etc. Sent an email early last week with the inquiry of an approximate ETA or just any news in general, no reply. Sent an email this morning, asking to cancel the order, as I find it ridiculous that the total is charged up front, yet there is no product, no communication and no ETA. No reply... few hours later there is an email from PayPal notifying me of a refund... and a short bit later, a reply from Robert: "seems I am a bit to busy for email communications now".

Very strange. Just wanted to share. Having no idea what the product sounds like, are you willing to part with $300 and just wait for that one day.... or UHA-4 ?... hmmm

Jul 15, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #18 of 50
Ya I will wait.. If I do not like it even after a couple of months of trying it, it will be an easy sell at same price i paid I bet.

But I have a D4 in the meantime that while clumsy, does help my hard to drive stuff sound great so i can prolly wait longer than others.

Jul 15, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #19 of 50
Owning a 2G and 3G myself, Roberts products are definitely worth the wait. With that said, acquiring both amps was a huge test in patience. If I remember correctly, my 3G took over 3mo to deliver - sent many emails during that time period with no response. Still... worth the wait :)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Jul 15, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #20 of 50
I have pondered cancelling and grabbing a TTVJ or upgrading my D4 to a XM6.  

Then I think.. what if I cancel and Robert starts shipping tomorrow?    

Then what?  huh?  There I am, all arrow-less, seeing "Arrow 4G" in other folks signatures.. looking at impressions threads. Not gunna be me.. NO WAY..  I am too special for that... I deserve an Arrow and all 4 of its G's!!!   And darn it... people like me

ugh...

Jul 15, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #21 of 50

Quote:
I have pondered cancelling and grabbing a TTVJ or upgrading my D4 to a XM6.  

Then I think.. what if I cancel and Robert starts shipping tomorrow?    

Then what?  huh?  There I am, all arrow-less, seeing "Arrow 4G" in other folks signatures.. looking at impressions threads. Not gunna be me.. NO WAY..  I am too special for that... I deserve an Arrow and all 4 of its G's!!!   And darn it... people like me

ugh...

lol.  

Jul 15, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #22 of 50
I had sent an email a couple of weeks ago to order the Arrow... Still no reply. I ordered a Leckerton UHA-4 and showed up at my door no longer than a week (he had to wait for the black panels). I would have appreciated at least one email... just one. In the meantime I am loving my UHA-4 

Jul 16, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #23 of 50
Just got a PD XM5 to play around with, so happy to wait for the Arrow to ship too. Hard to get that kind of feature list with that level of portability, so I know it will be worth it.

Jul 18, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #24 of 50
yeah.. i wouldn't worry too muhc about not getting responses to emails. robert's just really busy i think. it took about a month and maybe 10 or so emails before i got a response back. but i think it'll be worth the wait.

Aug 12, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #25 of 50
He can at least update the facebook for everyone to know, he doesnt have to reply to everyone.  I inquired about it when it the pre order for the 4g first appeared and never heard a pep.  

Im pretty much fed up with portable amps and hope this 4g model is good, I never got to hear the last model so i have no clue if i would like it.  All I know is that I enjoyed the TTVJ slim sound but it was not properly designed for portability, as its out and input jacks are on opposite sides of the player that will cause stress on your gear if you try to pocket it.  The SR71A wasn't as nice as people said it was in my opinion.  Just picked up a colorfly CK4 and its a real shame because its almost identical in size to the TTVJ slim, if they make a new model with in and out jacks on the same side i would buy it in a heartbeat because it sounded great, but is unusable for portable needs physically.  

I was hoping the arrow would be better suited for the portable tasks 

Aug 12, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #26 of 50

Quote:
I had sent an email a couple of weeks ago to order the Arrow... Still no reply. I ordered a Leckerton UHA-4 and showed up at my door no longer than a week (he had to wait for the black panels). I would have appreciated at least one email... just one. In the meantime I am loving my UHA-4 

Yeah, I preferred the UHA-4 to the Arrow, but I'm V E R Y interested in the Arrow 4g, I hope he'll still sell me one, I'll email him....

Aug 12, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #27 of 50
Quote:
.  Quote:

It looks like a change to more than just the gain on the bass, on a reply on his facebook he called it warmer (tubilicious).  Ok I am paraphrasing a bit see actual quote below

In response to whats new on 4g... "It will have a treble switch instead of the impedance switch, a bass boost that only makes the music warmer (tube-like) and a lower gain setting"

To anyone interested in the Arrow amp ...

There is not a HUGE/CRITICAL difference between the Arrow 2G and 3G ... even the 4G. And before getting into the details ... and because I've heard all of them ... I'll just say it up front (just from a user perspective) ... they *ALL* are excellent choices and sound amazing (and, very very similar to one another ... so similar, in fact, that most folks wouldn't be able to hear the difference) ...

But continuing ...

The 2G is basically the stock configuration (as I understand it) ... the 3G is the same build with very subtle changes to the default high freq performance ... little more emphasis on highs (and I mean very very slight ... but enough that I can hear it) ... I think, otherwise, the 3G is the same as the 2G (just with slightly more sparkly highs) ... the 4G, however, changes everything as it removes the impedance switch and replaces it with a treble gain switch.

Re: the bass boost difference between 2G/3G amps and the newer (to be released) 4G amp?

The 2G/3G amps have a bass boost that could best be described as deep, isolated (as in, from the other freqs) ... tight and "punchy" ... 

The 4G amp (at least the sample board I had for a week or so and barring any changes post on the part of the creator) ... was more "smooth" ... a little more subtle while not having quite as much punch or "slap" ...

I know I used some creative terms there but it's all I have to work with ...

Both sound really good ... but either might better jive with your particular headphones.

Myself? I use Shure SE530's and I much more prefer the punchier/snappier bass of the 2G/3G amps ... therefore, I'm sticking with a 3G and not upgrading to 4G.

But other headphones will prefer the more subtle/refined bass of the 4G. 

End of the story, though? The Arrow is a sick ass little amp and well worth the red tape and waiting to get one. If stuck with *any* flavor of the amp, I would be pleased and happy. But for now ... the 3G is my choice as I prefer it's particular bass circuit and I also like the impedance switch as I have a lot of full sized cans that benefit from such an option.

So ...

Buene Suerte as the say. Good luck ...

.j

Sep 5, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #28 of 50
Hmm.  I don't see the Arrow on the Headphonia page anymore.  I wonder if there's a reason for this....  I was seriously considering ordering one, but if the wait times are too long, I may have to get a pico slim instead.

Sep 6, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #30 of 50
Its a really tough wait, it is testing my patience big time! I have a 3G to hold me over while the 4G is on its way, and I absolutely love it. I have it paired with my Cowon J3 and, as expected, it makes all the difference when listening to my SRH840's or AKG K701's (especially the 701's).

Its an absolutely painful wait, and rob is truly rubbish at answering emails, so I guess it comes down to how soon you need the amp really! If you have 300 ohm headphones at home that you cant drive properly, and you need them on the go, then maybe getting something with less of a wait would be of interest.

I am glad I have my 3G at the moment, but really would like the 4G to arrive soon. (hint hint rob)

anyone gotten any word back? I haven't been able to get any idea as to how long the 4G is along in production. Rob mentioned that the 4G's casing (which is the same as the others, I assume) is very difficult to manufacture and time consuming. This is kind of confusing, because one would think that he could just reuse the tooling for the 3G cases, so maybe the 4G is aimed to be slimmer?

Anyhow, seems like we are all in the same boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back