Heads UP - KSC75's for $9.99
May 2, 2006 at 2:24 PM Post #91 of 173
any takers to be the middleman to ship a large quantity of them over here ?
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2006 at 3:17 PM Post #93 of 173
lol i can just imagine the conversation...

"how many of those do you have in stock?"
"Yeah i'll take all of them"

orphsmile.gif

May 2, 2006 at 3:18 PM Post #94 of 173
$64.00 AU is a quick price I got from the guy I got my MS-1s from, the MS-1s were a good price. Other places want $70 for em.

Likely you could find them cheaper but I highly doubt you'd be able to get them under $40 over here if you managed to find some on sale.

$48 is the best price I could find online after a quick look. They had almost no stock anyway and would need shipping.

$10US would be what...? $13AU

thats massive.

Sell me 10
icon10.gif

Nah I seriously would want 2 or 3 maybe 4 though.

Just told my brother and he wants some...

How much space and weight for shipping though ?

They'd fit in a smallish box/large envelope...?

I'd happily pay a decent amount for shipping for that kind of deal, just want some left over to pay you guys for your efforts
wink.gif

edit: After a more extensive search. The majority of online stores sell for the low to mid 60s. The odd $50 pair.

May 2, 2006 at 3:21 PM Post #95 of 173
Rodback, thanks for your offer!
I just checked, the cheapest I can get them here is Euro 29 including shipping -- that's US $36.65 at the current exchange rate!
Someone from Luxembourg pointed out that at Amazon France, they're Euro 40 including shipping -- that's US $50.50!!!

I'd love to get 2 sets, which would still be cheaper than 1 set here, and I'd also have the volume controls, which would be great for use with my PDA.
[edit] Or even 3 sets, if you could stuff them into one (flat rate) envelope -- they might have to be removed from the retail packaging then, but that's not a problem. And, like Splaz, I'd be happy to pay you a bit extra for your efforts -- just make sure the customs value is under $28 then, so I don't have to pay import duty...
etysmile.gif
<- couldn't find a Koss smile.

[edit2] I just checked, shipping using a USPS Flat Rate Envelope would be $5.25 for a small envelope, and $9.50 for a large one, to Europe or Australia.
I have such a small Flat Rate Envelope here, which was used to ship a VHS cassette. It would have plenty of room for 4 of 5 sets, with bubble wrap, should someone want that many.

Ellen

May 2, 2006 at 3:33 PM Post #96 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarman19853
lol i can just imagine the conversation...

"how many of those do you have in stock?"
"Yeah i'll take all of them"

orphsmile.gif

Yeah, and I can't help but feel that I'm going to get flack for it simply because it will feel to them like I'm not supposed to do that.

I got sht like that from the post office one time. They recognized my face being associated with a local MBE I used to own. I went in to buy a load of stamps for my buddy's wedding (needed something like 300 of them) and the assclown goes "THREE HUNDRED? Wait- you're just buying these for your store! I'll sell you 50- buying three hundred will nearly clean me out for the day!"

I told him thanks, keep up the good work because that was precisely why business was going through the roof at my store.

Anyway, I'm sure I can talk Radio Shack into allowing me to give them money if anyone is interested.

Let me know...

May 2, 2006 at 3:40 PM Post #97 of 173
Ok- looks like a few of you want some.

Let me call around when they open and see how many they have, then we'll figure out the price and who gets how many.

There will be no profiteering here, either- just actual costs plus maybe a few bucks for my gas or something.

How about if I start a FS thread instead of doing this through PMs (too cumbersome) or here (not really appropriate for this forum). I'll post back after they open (20 minutes, or an hour and 20 minutes- not sure when they open).

May 2, 2006 at 3:47 PM Post #98 of 173
Well I wasn't suggesting you turn a profit. Just want to reimburse you for your time and gas as you said.

Well I'll head over to FS then.

Out of interest how long is this sale on for ?

May 2, 2006 at 3:49 PM Post #99 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by splaz
Well I wasn't suggesting you turn a profit. Just want to reimburse you for your time and gas as you said.

Well I'll head over to FS then.

Out of interest how long is this sale on for ?

May 13th I believe. Also I think someone mentioned but they're the same price online as well now, and if you spend over 50.00 you get free shipping. But that entails waiting a bit.

May 2, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #100 of 173
Hmmm... I'll look at that.

Can't imagine they'd ship to here for free but you never know.

Anyway. rodbac it might be a good idea to pm a mod as to how to go about it.

edit: I don't even think they ship outside the US...

May 2, 2006 at 3:56 PM Post #101 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by splaz
Hmmm... I'll look at that.

Can't imagine they'd ship to here for free but you never know.

Anyway. rodbac it might be a good idea to pm a mod as to how to go about it.

Well I meant shipping to someone here in the States who's buying for you in bulk. That way saves a trip to the mall and the fact that they might be sold out at the local stores. Some of the cities might have that problem where there's a lot of headfiers ... can't see much of that happening here where I live.
tongue.gif

May 2, 2006 at 4:10 PM Post #103 of 173
Tried to work the price a bit; 10.59 for the phones + ~ 9.25 (global priority 6 day shipping to Oz, no insurance on GPM tho) @ 3 % paypal + 1 % crossborder fee; works out to ~22.00 USD which is about ~29 AUD?

Can calculaute USPS shipping here

Edit: for values
Edit: I weighed the Koss KSC 75 in it's package and it's about 3.4 oz :p

May 2, 2006 at 4:18 PM Post #104 of 173
Shipping can be done using a flat rate envelope, for $5.25 or $9.50, depending on the size. That's global priority airmail! For the small envelope at least, the phones will have to be removed from the retail packaging.
I've never heard of a "cross border charge" by PayPal -- I've sent money all over the world, and received money from the US. The only charge I am aware of is a 1 Euro charge to transfer amounts under 100 Euro to my bank account.

Ellen

May 2, 2006 at 4:35 PM Post #105 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by _LN_
Shipping can be done using a flat rate envelope, for $5.25 or $9.50, depending on the size. That's global priority airmail! For the small envelope at least, the phones will have to be removed from the retail packaging.
I've never heard of a "cross border charge" by PayPal -- I've sent money all over the world, and received money from the US. The only charge I am aware of is a 1 Euro charge to transfer amounts under 100 Euro to my bank account.

Ellen

I should have lowered the weight calculated. I calculated worst case scenario basically, with 1 lb. I lowered it to a 8 ounces and variable it about 9.25 to Oz. This is using the free global priority box they provide. They do have like you mentioned the flat rate envelopes, but they are flat document type envelopes made of cardboard, not sure if people would be comfortable stuffing the 75's in there? I haven't had any experience with them though, so I can't comment. Also the cross border fee is not a fixed fee, you can strike that 2.60 off, it's basically a 1% charge for receiving money from out of the country I guess. Not sure if euro is any different. Yeah we don't get charged for transferring money to our bank accounts, that I am aware of, values lower than 500 anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back