Heads UP - KSC75's for $9.99
May 1, 2006 at 11:22 PM Post #61 of 173
I got a pair of these KSC75 and a pair of Sennheiser MX550 (25$ from circuitcity).......all i can say is that the KSC75 isnt all that great..........on the other hand the MX550s are very nice. I dont know why people are saying that 550s lack bass....i can actually feel the bass with the foams in place......
Back to the KSC75.....i dont see what the hype is all about!!.....but at $10 it is a bargain for the sound quality it provides.....probably the best for under $15

EDIT:
Forget what I've said about these KSC75s!! they are awesome.......Since the 550s were the first pair i listened to I didnt take much time to listen to the KSC75s......i'm now listening to them for about 10mins and they are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! much better than the 550s.........i guess those are going back to circuitcity :p

May 1, 2006 at 11:23 PM Post #62 of 173
just got home from picking these pups up, i'd have to say they're pretty boss. i think i like them better than my Shure's, i just wish they werent so open, dont know how i'll be able to listen to them at school without interrupting people around me
frown.gif

May 1, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #63 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodbac
The problem in my experience is when the employee decides to talk. They can't seem to resist parroting every bit of misinformation they've ever heard about something and putting their inferiority complex on full display by trying to cover it with that transparent superior attitude.

I go easy on them until they talk about how one of their cables will sound different than another because of a gold connector, or cop the superiority complex about anything remotely related to computers or audio.

I've never heard them say anything except:

"How can I help you?"
"We have more of those in the back," referring to the KSC75's which I thought were sold out.
"The Sennheiser HD497's are very good for the price," which people seem to have very different opinions about, but oh well.

And yeah, I was thinking about how Radio Shack is probably a nice place for buying little parts like connectors and other electronic parts.

May 1, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #64 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi
I've never heard them say anything except:

"How can I help you?"
"We have more of those in the back," referring to the KSC75's which I thought were sold out.
"The Sennheiser HD497's are very good for the price," which people seem to have very different opinions about, but oh well.

Consider yourself lucky- it could just be a regional thing (maybe you live in a more metro area where they get a higher grade of employee or something)...

May 2, 2006 at 12:05 AM Post #65 of 173
Wow! $10 is a stupidly good deal. I might pick up 2 more pairs, and recable one of them with silver plated copper. Then I can compare my StarQuaded ones, and a normal pair.
icon10.gif

May 2, 2006 at 12:11 AM Post #66 of 173
Today I got these words:

May I help you? (not even a hi?)
Me: Yeah, can you get me a pair of those headphones (they were behind the front desk)
Her: These?
Me: No. The $9.99 ones.
Her: These?
Me: Yeah
-Time I take to look at them-
Me: Okay, yeah, I'll take them.
Her: *scans it* $10.59
Me: (I pay, get change and take headphones) Thanks
Her: Yup (something to that extent. I don't think she even said it to me. I said thanks, then my dad said thanks. He was there because he offered to give me a ride 3 blocks down.
tongue.gif
)

Was anybody elses packaging semi-open? All the wires were in the right place and everything was untouched, but it was extremely easy to open.

May 2, 2006 at 12:47 AM Post #70 of 173
@drizzlyday: i will admit, people do over-exaggerate their greatness, but for $10, what do you expect? I needed a pair of more portable phones anyways, and these are great for things like the gym or whatever.

May 2, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #71 of 173
Not sure if anybody has mentioned this.

I found that by bending the metal clips so that the KSC75 are resting on the ears instead of dangling increase the sound quality quite significantly.

Before I thought that the KSC75 was all about treble and shrill highs, but after bending, the high is tamed a bit and the bass response increases
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2006 at 12:54 AM Post #72 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by glac1er
Not sure if anybody has mentioned this.

I found that by bending the metal clips so that the KSC75 are resting on the ears instead of dangling increase the sound quality quite significantly.

Before I thought that the KSC75 was all about treble and shrill highs, but after bending, the high is tamed a bit and the bass response increases
biggrin.gif

Yeah, these clips (the KSC-35s and 75s) require the fit to be tight against the ear.

That's why the PortaPros are so good- the fit is tight which give them a lot of bass (of course, it's a bit boomy with all of these, but who can knock them for that at this pricepoint).

May 2, 2006 at 12:55 AM Post #73 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpinjohn1234
Just got back my px100 form Senn. I'll be picking up a pair, really want to know if I'm missing out on anything from the ksc75

No..i don't think so. They sound almost similar. In terms of micro micro micro level of brightness to darkness.

bright -> dark
px100 -> ksc75 -> ksc35

But the change is soooooo subtle.

May 2, 2006 at 12:58 AM Post #74 of 173
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodbac
Yeah, these clips (the KSC-35s and 75s) require the fit to be tight against the ear.

That's why the PortaPros are so good- the fit is tight which give them a lot of bass (of course, it's a bit boomy with all of these, but who can knock them for that at this pricepoint).

I agree....the tighter the fit, the more bass there is.

May 2, 2006 at 12:58 AM Post #75 of 173
hm, out of my PC they are awesome nice and boomy (in a good way). but out of my h120 i need to considerably raise the volume to hear it well...
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back