Headphonia USB DAC Cable
Aug 11, 2010 at 8:24 AM Post #16 of 41
I have a headstage cable dac on its way, (status 'shipped' apparently).

Currently have a uDAC which (DAC only) gives very nice results but is tied to my amp/speakers.

Dont really want a separate DC powered DAC (i.e a V-DAC), which would mean another box & plug, way too much - I like my room minimalist, feng shui :)

So hoping this litle cable dac will do OK paired with my current setup: laptop, Ibasso PB1 (SE) amp, into my K601's, only cost £49 shipped so worth a punt.

Aug 11, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #17 of 41
My cable took quite some time to arrive, to my suprise it was in my mailbox today. It's quite short and would be awesome for a laptop setup. Does sound very good for the price! Running mine into a headsix. The new udac-2 has piqued my interest a fair amount aswell. Might purchase one for a comparison.

Quote:
I have a headstage cable dac on its way, (status 'shipped' apparently).

Currently have a uDAC which (DAC only) gives very nice results but is tied to my amp/speakers.

Dont really want a separate DC powered DAC (i.e a V-DAC), which would mean another box & plug, way too much - I like my room minimalist, feng shui :)

So hoping this litle cable dac will do OK paired with my current setup: laptop, Ibasso PB1 (SE) amp, into my K601's, only cost £49 shipped so worth a punt.

Aug 11, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #18 of 41
I just listen to both uDAC and HeadStage USB DAC Cable right now (LO + 3MOVE + ER4S). The USB DAC cable is pretty good, but just sounds a little compressed compared the uDAC.

Aug 13, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #19 of 41
Really dissapointed with the Headstage people (Robert), since paying for my DAC Cable I have not 1 reply from any of my emails enquiring if it has been shipped. Maybe he is on holiday? If he isnt he really needs to respond to customers, otherwise his business will fail.

Aug 13, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #20 of 41
I don't think it's a holiday. 

I'm still waiting on my cable.  They seem very slow. 

Null-audio is very slow as well, but Kevin is quick to respond to emails.  :shrug:

Aug 14, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #23 of 41
My cable took well over 3 weeks to arrive... It was sent out the day i placed the order.. I think it was :/

Aug 14, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #25 of 41

Quote:
Since I got my DAC cable from Headphonia, I've been using it with my Arrow 12HE or TTVJ Hybrid listening to either an ER4P or ER4S. My iBasso D10 DAC uses the same Wolfson WM8740 DAC but the DAC cable sounds warmer and smoother.

Have you played with the opamps on the D10? I get anything from bright and edgy to smooth with them. Stock config is a little bright.

Aug 18, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #26 of 41
My dac cable arrived today, very impressed! Perfect for a laptop, sounds good (as good as my uDac to my ears). Well worth the £49.

Sep 23, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #29 of 41
Mine took about that long.  I emailed and yelled.  I got mine about 2 weeks ago.  It's a nice unit.  Sure took forever though.

Sep 24, 2010 at 8:43 AM Post #30 of 41
Robert got back to me afterf a flurry of emails, even sent photos to make sure the custom wiring was ok, so I think I'm back on track.  Thanks for the feedback, I was getting worried.

Edit 10-10-10: I received the DAC about a week ago, installed it in my pc jukebox and it sounds very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back