Headphonia USB DAC Cable
Dec 29, 2010 at 4:00 AM Post #31 of 41

Quote:
I like that it's 1/3 the price of a devilsound.

Even less than that I think. I own both though and the Headphonia cable while very nice for the money is nowhere close to the Devilsound. I have the V2 (non-cryo'd version).

bumpity bump 
biggrin.gif

Dec 30, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #34 of 41

You've got a sweet rig there aamefford.  The Headroom and Denon combo is to die for.  I only had the Micro stack with DPS and the D2000s.  Your rig should be a nice step up from that.  

Dec 30, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #36 of 41

Quote:

You've got a sweet rig there aamefford.  The Headroom and Denon combo is to die for.  I only had the Micro stack with DPS and the D2000s.  Your rig should be a nice step up from that.  

Mild thread-jack - Yes, an outstanding pairing, and both amp/dac and phones on the warm side.  I initially went with a dynalo thinking cold and analytic would be the right pairing, but the HR and D7000 rig is just musical and wonderful.

(Segues back to thread content)

With that said, the dac cable and arrow are a nice combo with the laptop on the go, and well worth the cost.  Heck, the form factor makes it nice, even if it didn't sound good, but it really sounds pretty fine.

Aug 26, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #37 of 41
Got my DAC cable in the mail today after about 9 months of waiting without email response. Was not expecting it to say the least. :D

First impressions? Crisp, warm sound. I'm listening to one of my favorite CDs and I'm noticing a few things I hadn't noticed before (through the built in soundcard). Seemed a bit muddy at parts, then I realized I had crossfade turned on. :p Only listened for 20 minutes and don't have any uDAC or such to compare it with so I'm sure someone else will be more helpful. The construction of the new version of the cable is a big improvement over the last version. The chip is right at the USB end of the cable in a tiny, professional looking head. Didn't try to damage it, but it seems pretty durable.

Aug 27, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #38 of 41
Cool, they new ones are finally available. Mine is the older one with the pod in the middle, Heat shrink covered and all. Very DIY look. Sounds pretty ok though and is confirmed to have the Wolfson chip. I hardly use it, if anyone is interested shoot a PM my way...

Feb 18, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #39 of 41
I think this would be ideal for my setup. I'm usually using the iPod touch to an arrow, but It'd be handy not having to buy something really bulky to work out of the Comp. 
Does anyone who owns the new usb circuit one be able to post a picture? Just trying to imagine what it looks like!

Apr 12, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #41 of 41
Ok, now it's been over a year waiting for DAC cable.  I did get 2 email responses after about 9 months, apologizing, promising etc. but still no luck and no further response.  Sheesh, for a 60$ DAC you'd think Robert would just refund me and be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back