Headphoneus Supremus
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #151 of 178
Been there.... done that.... got the t-shirt and cup......     refilled the bank balance......      got banned fron the Stax thread.........         living life to the full.....   
wink_face.gif

L3000.gif

popcorn.gif

beerchug.gif

Hey, me too!
bigsmile_face.gif

(What's funny is that I didn't even technically break the rules; it was just to make life easier for certain individuals.)

HEY, I and some others resemble that remark      
ph34r.gif

I even represent it.........   
cool.gif

Quality and quantity are NOT mutually exclusive attributes....        but they are not often seen in each other's company............ 
atsmile.gif

I know some people enjoy those threads, but my point was that I got to where I am without "cheating" in that way. If you look at many of the members with the highest post counts, they got there by making many of those posts with only a few words in them. (Not that most of those members didn't also make great posts in other threads. I've seen some of your more serious posts and have been impressed by your extensive vocabulary alone!)

Then you get lower post count members thinking they're in a game of Dungeons & Dragons, these guys purposely zone in on ranked members wanting to challenge them.

Like defeating the beast gains them maximum hit points and the golden sword of Head-fi. 
tongue.gif

...and it's amazing how most of them don't know what they're talking about, yet they're legends in their own mind.....  
blink.gif

I got in a debate once with a new member who practically insisted that the M50x was the best headphone ever. His justification was that it was highly rated in mainstream reviews and on Amazon, and that anyone who thought they could get significantly better sound was fooling themselves. I decided to try to enlighten this person, to no avail, and our little debate even caught attention on other sites. XD

Sep 6, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #152 of 178
The headphone threads are full of that.

You only have to look at the thread titles to see where things are going.

Sep 6, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #153 of 178
I only ever look at threads in this sub-forum and Music these days. I used to sub to the headphone threads for the headphones I own or have owned, but got sick of getting into arguments about cables, hi-res files, magical DAPs and all the rest of it... stay on any headphone thread long enough and someone will come along telling everyone how swapping out the cable or the pads has made a night and day difference to their listening experience.

Feb 21, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #156 of 178
  I only ever look at threads in this sub-forum and Music these days. I used to sub to the headphone threads for the headphones I own or have owned, but got sick of getting into arguments about cables, hi-res files, magical DAPs and all the rest of it... stay on any headphone thread long enough and someone will come along telling everyone how swapping out the cable or the pads has made a night and day difference to their listening experience.

Wot......? you mean...... it's all snake oil.....?

What am I gonna do with all my stuff........?

Next thing will be you telling me that all headphones sound the same..........  
ph34r.gif

Looks like I need to book into my local audiologist for an appraisal.........    
blink.gif

Feb 21, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #157 of 178

Wot......? you mean...... it's all snake oil.....?

What am I gonna do with all my stuff........?

Next thing will be you telling me that all headphones sound the same..........  
ph34r.gif

Looks like I need to book into my local audiologist for an appraisal.........    
blink.gif

said from the tomato man who saves his empty beer cans 
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 17, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #159 of 178
So many silly custom titles haha. I never saw a response here on how to get one, anybody know?

Aug 17, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #161 of 178
They are a blessing from the gods, er, I mean, mods, brought about by sheer luck and persistence. Aim for Headphoneus Supremus first. :upside_down:
Do they pick for you? That would be quite interesting if they did haha

Aug 17, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #163 of 178
Sometimes. In my case, someone commented that I'm like a Pokémon trainer, going through headphones so quickly and wanting to catch 'em all, and it kind of stuck.
Haha that is pretty funny, I can't wait to get up to 1500+ comments :D

Aug 17, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #164 of 178
Anyone else having issues posting in the special hidden Supremus Lounge thread ?
( I know it's not ALL supremus members, but maybe someone in here can let me know )
I tried the old password ( actually the most recent or close to it ) to access it but it's not working on my side here.
Guess I'll just have to message a mod for posting ability there again.
Oh at least I can read from the url. ( I nearly missed the URL rotation email last week. )

That post on page 1423 from wink is a classic LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back