Headphoneus Supremus
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #121 of 178
And,   the Orpheus was the greatest sonic pleasure to experience.......
True.....

Jul 11, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #125 of 178
Perhaps, one night...?  
blink.gif

Jul 12, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #126 of 178
So past "Headphone Supremus" you get "Contributor"? That sounds like a downgrade. As if to say, "yeah, we've heard enough from this guy..we get it, you need another hobby" Maybe after 10k posts they should replace your avatar with a purple unicorn that farts gold dust.

Sep 3, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #127 of 178
"Contributor" is no longer attainable, but it has nothing to do with post count.  When the site accepted donations, those who donated would be tagged as a "contributor".  You can keep it if you have it, but no new contributors will be minted in the foreseeable future.

Sep 3, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #129 of 178
  So past "Headphone Supremus" you get "Contributor"? That sounds like a downgrade. As if to say, "yeah, we've heard enough from this guy..we get it, you need another hobby" Maybe after 10k posts they should replace your avatar with a purple unicorn that farts gold dust.

Headphone Supremus maybe when you hit 15 yr, lol.

Sep 3, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #130 of 178

You can still get a Contributor badge, it's awarded by Currawong for( bassically) 'contributing' to the site and other good deeds.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/787545/head-fi-contributor-awards#post_12490247

Sep 4, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #132 of 178
I'm 51 posts away from Headphoneus Supremus also.  

I've started dreaming about it in my sleep.  In my dream I get a certificate of "Money well wasted" authenticated & signed by Jude.  For a mere $25.00 U.S. I send in for and get an autographed poster of Jude, Currawong and the rest of the moderators all giving me the "thumbs up, you've made the grade" sign.

It gets better : in my other dream I get phone calls from Good Morning America, Fox News, Barbara Walters (she comes out of retirement just for this occasion), The Tonight Show, with Johnny Carson (who resurrects just for the occasion also) & a whole slew of other shows & personalities wanting to interview me and hear about my journey and many experiences along the way that lead me to the supreme title of Headphoneous Supremus.

Lastly, now this dream could very well be a nightmare, but, once I reach the Supreme Title, this Holy Grail of Head-fi dedication, I finally get a decoding apparatus that enables me to translate and make sense (hopefully) of the encryptions Wink's posts consist of.

It doesn't get much better than that I tell ya.  The fun is in the journey. 
beerchug.gif

Sep 4, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #133 of 178
  I'm 51 posts away from Headphoneus Supremus also.  

I've started dreaming about it in my sleep.  In my dream I get a certificate of "Money well wasted" authenticated & signed by Jude.  For a mere $25.00 U.S. I send in for and get an autographed poster of Jude, Currawong and the rest of the moderators all giving me the "thumbs up, you've made the grade" sign.

It gets better : in my other dream I get phone calls from Good Morning America, Fox News, Barbara Walters (she comes out of retirement just for this occasion), The Tonight Show, with Johnny Carson (who resurrects just for the occasion also) & a whole slew of other shows & personalities wanting to interview me and hear about my journey and many experiences along the way that lead me to the supreme title of Headphoneous Supremus.

Lastly, now this dream could very well be a nightmare, but, once I reach the Supreme Title, this Holy Grail of Head-fi dedication, I finally get a decoding apparatus that enables me to translate and make sense (hopefully) of the encryptions Wink's posts consist of.

It doesn't get much better than that I tell ya.  The fun is in the journey. 
beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif

Once you've had it for awhile the allure wears off and you stop noticing altogether. The fact that virtually anyone automatically gets the badge once they reach 1,500 posts makes it less special. I reached Headphoneus Supremus in the first month I started posting frequently, if I recall. (And I don't participate in any of those game threads where the posts are only a few words long.)

The Contributor badge is much more coveted since you can only get it from hard work now, and even then there's no guarantee.

Sep 4, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #134 of 178

biggrin.gif

Once you've had it for awhile the allure wears off and you stop noticing altogether. The fact that virtually anyone automatically gets the badge once they reach 1,500 posts makes it less special. I reached Headphoneus Supremus in the first month I started posting frequently, if I recall. (And I don't participate in any of those game threads where the posts are only a few words long.)

The Contributor badge is much more coveted since you can only get it from hard work now, and even then there's no guarantee.

Well thanks a lot Music Alchemist.  You sure know how to shatter someone else's dreams & aspirations.  
frown.gif

Sep 4, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #135 of 178
  Well thanks a lot Music Alchemist.  You sure know how to shatter someone else's dreams & aspirations.  
frown.gif

Don't worry: you can still make a celebration out of the ordeal! Check out the crazy images I made when I reached certain milestones:

Oh, you thought my excessive celebration would be over by now? Nopey-nope-nope!

Anyone who has seen these anime will totally get all the inside jokes...cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back