Headphoneus Supremus
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #136 of 178

Well thanks a lot Music Alchemist.  You sure know how to shatter someone else's dreams & aspirations.  
frown.gif

Don't worry: you can still make a celebration out of the ordeal! Check out the crazy images I made when I reached certain milestones:

Oh, you thought my excessive celebration would be over by now? Nopey-nope-nope!

Anyone who has seen these anime will totally get all the inside jokes...cheers!

Pretty cool.  Wish I knew how to make those also.  
beerchug.gif

Sep 4, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #137 of 178
I'm 51 posts away from Headphoneus Supremus also.  

I've started dreaming about it in my sleep.  In my dream I get a certificate of "Money well wasted" authenticated & signed by Jude.  For a mere $25.00 U.S. I send in for and get an autographed poster of Jude, Currawong and the rest of the moderators all giving me the "thumbs up, you've made the grade" sign.

It gets better : in my other dream I get phone calls from Good Morning America, Fox News, Barbara Walters (she comes out of retirement just for this occasion), The Tonight Show, with Johnny Carson (who resurrects just for the occasion also) & a whole slew of other shows & personalities wanting to interview me and hear about my journey and many experiences along the way that lead me to the supreme title of Headphoneous Supremus.

Lastly, now this dream could very well be a nightmare, but, once I reach the Supreme Title, this Holy Grail of Head-fi dedication, I finally get a decoding apparatus that enables me to translate and make sense (hopefully) of the encryptions Wink's posts consist of.

It doesn't get much better than that I tell ya.  The fun is in the journey. :beerchug:  

:beerchug: to You Bob! (and a toast out to those who are actually cognisant enough to recognize the humor in your post)

Sep 4, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #138 of 178

I've started dreaming about it in my sleep.  In my dream I get a certificate of "Money well wasted" authenticated & signed by Jude.  For a mere $25.00 U.S. I send in for and get an autographed poster of Jude, Currawong and the rest of the moderators all giving me the "thumbs up, you've made the grade" sign.

It gets better : in my other dream I get phone calls from Good Morning America, Fox News, Barbara Walters (she comes out of retirement just for this occasion), The Tonight Show, with Johnny Carson (who resurrects just for the occasion also) & a whole slew of other shows & personalities wanting to interview me and hear about my journey and many experiences along the way that lead me to the supreme title of Headphoneous Supremus.

Lastly, now this dream could very well be a nightmare, but, once I reach the Supreme Title, this Holy Grail of Head-fi dedication, I finally get a decoding apparatus that enables me to translate and make sense (hopefully) of the encryptions Wink's posts consist of.

It doesn't get much better than that I tell ya.  The fun is in the journey. 
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
to You Bob! (and a toast out to those who are actually cognisant enough to recognize the humor in your post)

Thanks Fearless1.  To you also my friend. 
beerchug.gif

Sep 4, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #140 of 178
Ok guys if this is really a long standing feud I don't want my post to be in the middle/ part of this.  Please.  I'm just trying to have fun here.

Sep 4, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #142 of 178

Ok guys if this is really a long standing feud I don't want my post to be in the middle/ part of this.  Please.  I'm just trying to have fun here.

Nope. I was just laughing at your humor nothing more. (and getting some Dom Perignon ready for post 1500!)

Cool.  When I reach post 1500 have one for me also (I don't drink).  
beerchug.gif

Sep 5, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #143 of 178
Once you hit headphone sumpremus the quest goes on to stretch 10,000 posts. After months of hard work reaching that post count without spamming (hopefully) you figure out there's not much left to do. And at anytime some low post count member can totally own you in 0.2 seconds which then makes your rank look worse than it ever was.

Sep 5, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #144 of 178

It doesn't get much better than that I tell ya.  The fun is in the journey. 
beerchug.gif

Been there.... done that.... got the t-shirt and cup......     refilled the bank balance......      got banned fron the Stax thread.........         living life to the full.....   
wink_face.gif

L3000.gif

popcorn.gif

beerchug.gif

Sep 5, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #146 of 178

biggrin.gif

Once you've had it for awhile the allure wears off and you stop noticing altogether. The fact that virtually anyone automatically gets the badge once they reach 1,500 posts makes it less special. I reached Headphoneus Supremus in the first month I started posting frequently, if I recall. (And I don't participate in any of those game threads where the posts are only a few words long.)

The Contributor badge is much more coveted since you can only get it from hard work now, and even then there's no guarantee.

HEY, I and some others resemble that remark      
ph34r.gif

I even represent it.........   
cool.gif

Quality and quantity are NOT mutually exclusive attributes....        but they are not often seen in each other's company............ 
atsmile.gif

Sep 5, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #147 of 178
Then you get lower post count members thinking they're in a game of Dungeons & Dragons, these guys purposely zone in on ranked members wanting to challenge them.

Like defeating the beast gains them maximum hit points and the golden sword of Head-fi. 
tongue.gif

Sep 5, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #148 of 178
...and it's amazing how most of them don't know what they're talking about, yet they're legends in their own mind.....  
blink.gif

Sep 5, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #149 of 178
 Finally, you have members who joined but never hung around and their accounts mean nothing to them.

These members will actually take on Mods and Admins.

And you're just there staring at your monitor like....

Sep 5, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #150 of 178
  Once you hit headphone sumpremus the quest goes on to stretch 10,000 posts. After months of hard work reaching that post count without spamming (hopefully) you figure out there's not much left to do. And at anytime some low post count member can totally own you in 0.2 seconds which then makes your rank look worse than it ever was.

Nah.  I'm a humble man with simple needs.  So 1,500 posts & the HS label are enough for me.  What my ranking means to others or how they feel about my posts is none of my business & I certainly would never feel like a low post count member could own me in 0.2 seconds because I keep an open mind & am always willing to learn which I still do at the tender age of 61.
Thanks H20 Fidelity, I've learned from your post also.  It's all good in the end. 
size]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back