Headphones?
Aug 27, 2010 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sone

Head-Fier
Hey there,

I also posted in the amplification section of this page asking about possible options for a new headphone AMP and DAC in one, but figured I'd start a thread here as well for suggestions on new headphones.  My setup right now includes Grado SR125i and Shure SE530 headphones, as well as Audioengine A5 speakers.  The source for the time being is my MacBook Pro and iPod/iPhone, although I am looking into getting an AMP/DAC in the near future, possibly the nuForce Icon HDP.  I'm interested in possibly upgrading my headphones as well, and would like to hear all of your suggestions based on the music that I listen to.  I very much like my Grado SR125is and the Grado sound in general.  It's also possible that I will just keep my Grado SR125is, but I am very much curious in what my options are and whether or not there will be any significant or noticeable difference in sound quality both with or without an amp driving them.  My budget is ~$300, although I am willing to spend more for something special.  Thanks in advance for your suggestions/recommendations, and I look forward to your responses :)

Best regards,

-j

Sep 2, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #4 of 4
-Since you like the sound signature of Grado why not upgrade your can? Myabe Grado SR225I?
-Grado are known to be easily driven, hence could be used with/without a delicated amp
-There would be noticeable difference when used if an amp, but difference amp produces difference changes to the sound.

No offence but shouldn't this be in the amps section since you are primary asking for advice for amps?
Anyway, hopes this helps...
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back