Headphones - WORN!!! - new thread - no nudity
Oct 12, 2011 at 9:03 AM Post #2,859 of 5,187

1) I have no problems viewing the posted pics in Vista or win7 using Chrome and Firefox. Just checked righ now however, and I see that Safari and Internet Explorer doesn't handle larger pictures. Didn't know that. What do you use? Too bad - the pics are very nice, with no offensive nudity  :)
2) It is easier for me that way sometimes, but if it annoys you I'll try not to
3) I don't agree, at least nothing that should be regarded as offensive. 
4) If you don't like this thread, then why do you bother watching it? Judging by the number of views, there are people who like this thread and porbably appreciates that there are some of use who bother posting pics regularly. 

Quote:
ardilla, please cut the spam!

1. 90% of your images don't show
2. you don't need a new post for every pic
3. you posted nudity

In any other forum you would be banned by now.

Hope you can see this: ​

2824777202_b24996200e.jpg

Oct 12, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #2,860 of 5,187
Quote:
3) I don't agree, at least nothing that should be regarded as offensive. 

No nudity? Haha!
"Edited by ardilla - Today at 3:01 pm."
rolleyes.gif

Still can't see 90% of your pics. I'm using Firefox like everybody else, btw. Maybe they're in your cache but the sites don't allow you to post them elsewhere so only you can see them.

Oct 12, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #2,863 of 5,187
It's because of hotlinking, as Ultrazino points out it is possible to see them if they are cached.
The fact that most people can't see the images is actually due to "referrer information", which if turned off allows loading of hotlinked images. I can see them with referrer information off, but not when on. I'm using Opera, but both Firefox and Chrome should have options for it, possibly through a plug-in. I'm not a fan of hotlinking, though, especially for such large images. Given free use rights, you should host them at Imageshack or something similar.

Oct 12, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #2,864 of 5,187
actually, I can't watch ardilla's images with neither firefox nor chrome...

Oct 12, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #2,865 of 5,187
So, when copying an image from a web site and pasting it in a post at headfi, you automatically hotlink? Does that mean that the image is not save on head-fi servers, but is "invisibly" linked to the original site and loaded from that site automatically when people view it here on head-fi (for people who have not switched this function off) - ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back