M

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #2,988 of 5,187

Quote:
Playing with a few woody headphones:

<cut>

Then tried some acoustic/vocal tracks and changed his mind:

Then goes back to the rock music, this time done right with the LA7000:

But her favorite is the LCD-2:

She sits back and enjoys the music, and refuses to give her brother a turn. A true audiophile!:

This post inspired by Currawong and his ridiculously cute avatar pics.

I'm a poor student with kids who shouldn't even be on this forum, lol. But I have 2 kids, a boy, age 7, and girl, age 5, which happens to be a thumb-sucker and she LOVES those photos!!
Although she wants to know "where's her blankie?" followed by "I want them too". haha, so cute

Oct 25, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #2,989 of 5,187

Quote:
 ​
 ​
stock-footage-young-woman-listening-and-dancing-to-music.jpg
 ​

Senn PX-100 on a cold day. Awesome.

Oct 25, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #2,991 of 5,187
Thanks for the kind words about my kids - they clearly get their looks from their mother. 

MMayer167 - what wood finish is that on your Fostex? It looks great! I usually see them in a darker wood, but yours really stands out.

Quote:

I'm a poor student with kids who shouldn't even be on this forum, lol. But I have 2 kids, a boy, age 7, and girl, age 5, which happens to be a thumb-sucker and she LOVES those photos!!
Although she wants to know "where's her blankie?" followed by "I want them too". haha, so cute

Thanks! My daughter (age 2) isn't actually sleeping there.... she's just really into the music. And her thumb. 

She will point to the LCD-2 and say "mine". If a song comes on that she doesn't enjoy, she'll tell me "different music please". It's really funny.

Here are a few more:

Sometimes the headphone shifts too far forward and the pads squish her cheeks. It looks funny:

Oct 25, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #2,992 of 5,187
Oct 25, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #2,993 of 5,187
It's a birds eye maple cup with just a regular buffed lacquer. Nothing too thick so the wood comes through nice like its not covered up. My other pair of thunderpants in my avatar are finished with a tung oil. That stuff is nice!

Keep an eye out, The guy that turns my cups wants me to make him a pair of Wenge cuped TP's. I saw the wood today and it looked awesome, not to mention super dense! 

M

Oct 26, 2011 at 4:20 AM Post #2,999 of 5,187

Those little AKG's look killer anyone know what they are? I'm guessing they're late 80's vintage. By the way no offence to whoever owns that dog but that's one ugly dog you can't even make out it's face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back