Headphones with durable cable for $10, SQ doesn't matter
Jul 23, 2010 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

penartur

500+ Head-Fier
It seems that all the trials of replacing headphones cable and plug separately are doomed to failure. I've asked different people many times to recable my CM700, and there was not a single trial such that connection between new plug and new cable lasted for longer than, say, a month or two (however, connection between new cable and earbuds has never failed).
So i'm looking for headphones with a durable cable and plug and durable connection between cable and plug, and all this as cheap as possible (e.g. i will not spend $200 on sennheiser MX980 just to get the cable).
The couple of years ago there were Sennheiser MX500; that would be a perfect choice except for two shortcomings. First is its volume control; and the second is that they're not available for sale anymore.
Any suggestions of something as durable as MX500, and readily available for sale?

Jul 23, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #3 of 6
Hmm, from the photo on amazon the plug doesn't seem to be durable...

EDIT: Sorry, nevermind, i've mistaken M2 with M2-BK. Thanks you for your answer, will try to find out how to get these in Russia for less than $30.

Jul 23, 2010 at 7:00 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
Just order them from the site, it's about 6$ for international shipping if i remember correctly.

Nowadays one could not rely on non-trackable shipping method :)

And cheapest trackable international shipping method is $14.95 on their site.
Quote:
Koss UR20

Thanks, these are available in Russia for $20, and the cable seems to be okay (although M2 design seems to be better).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back