Headphones under $300-electronic and Hip Hop Oriented
Jan 28, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #16 of 20

Ok, thanks for the heads-up! So will the Fiio E11 with a CD player being the source be enough?

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to answer this question.  You may want to go into the HE-400 thread and ask this question specifically, you'll get a better response from there.  An iPod is capable of driving it (or the CD player alone).  That may not be enough to properly drive it though. 

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #19 of 20
I get confused a lot of times on how people view amplifiers. They are not just about the ability to drive, it is also the sound. I compared my HD650 with different amps including the Fiio E12, Graham Slee Solo SRG 2, Grace Design M903, Burson (I forget model name cause all Burson look the same), Little Dot, Woo Audio, Lehmann Audio, Schiit Asgard 2, Cambridge Audio, Vioelectric and more. I ended up getting the Graham Slee because it was the best out of the bunch imo. But the point is that they are not just electricity feeding monsters with a headphone jack but they are what determines the sound often times. Fiio E12 in theory is a monster of a portable player. And it is. It CAN drive difficult planars or my HD650 but the sound was meh. The 650's bass was rolling off and loose often times and with other sound, it was weak and not defined clearly. I'm just plain confused though I love my Graham Slee and Vioelectric which I ended up getting.

Jan 31, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #20 of 20
Get some used Denon D2000 if can find them. You will not be disappointed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000MVEC0Q/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Users who are viewing this thread

Back