Headphones to replace Bose around ear
Sep 4, 2010 at 3:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

garmaiz

New Head-Fier
Hey All:

I am looking for a good pair that would be replacing my bose around ear for home use. I have the shures se420 as my portable phones... My budget would be no more than $100 and I will be looking preferably to used phones... they dont need to be portable, but decent quality is a must (something comparable with the shures, although a little more bass would be great!) Thanks for the help!

Sep 4, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 8
I believe the JVC HA-S700 headphones are nearly identical to the Bose AE in looks and sound. They're around $30. Otherwise, I'd recommend looking into the Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones.

Sep 4, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
[size=small]What about the ATH-PRO700? are they good?[/size]

I've heard they're not as good as the ATH-M50, yet generally priced similarly.

Sep 4, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #5 of 8
I use the triport AE.   I find the Grado SR-60/80 to be decent.  Not as good as the triports in terms of SQ though, but they're cheaper and more durable.  Might be a bit bass-light for you though, but I've never had a problem with them.

Sep 4, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #6 of 8
Hmmm... seems like it could be some fun here. 
popcorn.gif

Sep 11, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #7 of 8
well I bought the AHT-m50! I am totally loving them... much better than Bose around ears!... And before the bashing starts: They were a gift from my father (who is a devout bose fan!) Thanks for the suggestions!

Sep 11, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
well I bought the AHT-m50! I am totally loving them... much better than Bose around ears!... And before the bashing starts: They were a gift from my father (who is a devout bose fan!) Thanks for the suggestions!

Glad you're liking them. My pair of M50s came in today and they're quickly becoming my favorite full-size cans.
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back