HEADPHONES THAT SOUND LIKE SUBWOOFERS ON YOUR HEAD??
Feb 8, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #16 of 20
One thing to look for in your search for the best bass-cans will be bass extension. The human ear can attenuate itself to the frequency range of 20 - 20,000 Hz. However, although you may not pick up on even lower frequencies, which many headphones can indeed play, they are the ones that you will feel. So that warm, head-shaking thump is on the lower end of the spectrum, and you want that judging from your title. Just be careful to what volume level you play it, because if you abuse your hearing it'll just fade AWAAAAAAAAY.

Feb 8, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #17 of 20
I had previously thought the Purple Grado thread was about as bad as it got on HF - congratulations, team : I think you have plumbed new depths.  :)

Feb 8, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #18 of 20

Quote:
These will probably do the job.

...or these 
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #19 of 20
I'm looking in about the 125 and below price range and looking for some headshaking bass. ive tried the sony xb's and im not a fan of how they look. Any suggestions??

If you don't care much for audio quality... then I suggest these things lol

V-Moda Bass Frequency (Mine are black)
http://www.head-fi.org/products/v-moda-bass-freq-earbuds-tambarine-orange

With my computer's onboard VIA VT2020 chip I was able to drive these things enough to, and I shat you not, reverb my skull at the right frequency that I felt it in my forehead :basshead: That was running out of the HP Front Panel header on the motherboard (I just tapped into it, I don't have a front panel jack), and I needed a lot of EQ adjustment to make them not so bass heavy. I actually had to drop the EQ down in both WinAmp and the Sound Properties in order to get mids and highs lol

However, oddly enough once plugged into the "Front/Stereo" Speaker Out jack on the back, the bass wasn't nearly as bad and I had to put the big EQ basically back to normal, with WinAmp's turned off. I basically left the 1K - 16K Hz alone and just moved the 60 - 600 Hz to the middle. I do know that the audio between the "HP" jack and the rear panel's "Front/Stereo" result in different audio characteristics, so the rear panel might be getting more voltage? I dunno, I'm a newbie when it comes to this level of technical audio knowledge :xf_eek:

End result:
They are not a crisp as my SE210s, which I am fighting to try and get some lows out of those.
Mids and Highs don't seem to get distorted too badly when the lows are thick (which happens in the SE210)
Bass can be however you like it. From brain scrambling, to moderate and tolerable. Though it seems as if the source will impact just how the IEMs deal with the lows, so an OpA driven EQ might be useful, but that's purely a guess heh

Feb 9, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #20 of 20
You are definitely right, they are heavily counterfeited... If you can identify your received pair as counterfeit and paid via paypal, you will definitely get all of your money back. a firend of mine bought a bunch of 'bose' headphones online and paid via paypal.. reported as fakes one received and got his money back in like 2 weeks,

the monster outlet link that Icy56 left is a muuuch better choice, no doubt
http://www.monstercable.com/outletstore/linelist.asp

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back