HEADPHONES THAT SOUND LIKE SUBWOOFERS ON YOUR HEAD??
Feb 8, 2011 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

smittyryan

Head-Fier
I'm looking in about the 125 and below price range and looking for some headshaking bass. ive tried the sony xb's and im not a fan of how they look. Any suggestions??

Feb 8, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #6 of 20
"Bass - I read that M50 was known for bass and sure enough, it had the most bass of all."

You said that the M50's have MORE bass than the 580's in your review. I returned my M50's simply because they didn't have enough bass, even amped. This guy has "SOUND LIKE SUBWOOFERS" in all caps for the title. That makes me think he likes some big time rumble in his headphones, not just what the M50 has to offer. It's impossible to measure bass in words of headphones or how much bass this guy wants. But if he really does want something headshaking, I'd suggest waiting and save up a bit more money for something a little more expensive, I doubt the M50 will fulfill his needs but the best option is to try them out if possible.

Quote:

Feb 8, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #7 of 20
M50 has a bit more bass but it was also a bit muddy compared to 580's tight and punchy bass. The difference in quantity of bass between the two were not night-and-day. The difference in quality was a bit more noticeable, however. If he's looking for "more" bass without considering other factors (mids, highs, quality of sound) then M50 over 580. I just think HFI-580 presents a better overall solutions for bass lovers, IMO.

Feb 8, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #8 of 20
 ok, I am going to be 'that' guy and suggest the beats by dre. If you can take on-ear instead of over-ear, you can nab the SOLO's for close to your price range on ebay. All of the beats I've listened to definitely have some powerful bass... my pair of the Studios is one of my favorite HPS (except for the fit, heavy, bad earcup size, squeezes head...)

Feb 8, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #9 of 20
okay yea...i was actually considering the beats but there just wayyy toooo pricey. could u link me to a reliable source where i can get these for cheaper? and if not do u know anyone in the head fi community who is selling these for around 100

Feb 8, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #10 of 20
You can get some cheap refurbished white beats studio for $125 from here: http://www.monstercable.com/outletstore/linelist.asp
If you are gonna get beats, do not get the solos, they sound very very muddy. Another choice is the denon d1100, i have heard they are like beats but better in every way, but i haven't heard them so don't take my word for it. And i definitely agree if this guy wants tons of bass the m50 isn't enough for him.

Feb 8, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #11 of 20

DO NOT BUY BEATS ON EBAY!
 ​

Beats are one of the most commonly counterfeited headphones because of their popularity. They are most likely fake, unless you can get them from an authorized dealer, and then they won't be that cheap. In fact, you can get a knock off of most headphones. Also, Beats are so expensive for the same reason they're so popular, because they're endorsed by Dre. They are actually not that great.

Quote:
 ok, I am going to be 'that' guy and suggest the beats by dre. If you can take on-ear instead of over-ear, you can nab the SOLO's for close to your price range on ebay. All of the beats I've listened to definitely have some powerful bass... my pair of the Studios is one of my favorite HPS (except for the fit, heavy, bad earcup size, squeezes head...)

Feb 8, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #12 of 20
Yea apart from the XB500 it's going to be hard getting the bass you want at that price range. Save your money up if you can. Get some V Moda Crossfades or some Phiaton MS400's. Or get one of the two used or refurbed. The V Moda's are like less expensive beats, tons of bass. They also look pretty sick if I say so myself.

Feb 8, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #13 of 20
These will probably do the job.

DT770s had a poop-ton of bass, so much so I found it a little annoying watching movies with them, because any bass in the background music would distract from the film. Also "headshaking bass" probably isn't a good idea...

Feb 8, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #14 of 20
If you can stumble over a pair of them, the DBI Pros are also bass thumping machines.  Every time I put them on after listening to other cans, I'm struck by how much bass they thump out.

That said, my DT990/600 have the bass that actually sound the most LIKE speakers and a sub.  It's nicely directional, with a nice balance of impact and smoothness.

Feb 8, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #15 of 20

Quote:
These will probably do the job.

DT770s had a poop-ton of bass, so much so I found it a little annoying watching movies with them, because any bass in the background music would distract from the film. Also "headshaking bass" probably isn't a good idea...

etysmile.gif
 What in the world is that ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back