Headphones Sound Through Only One Ear; Easy, Cheap Fix?
Aug 11, 2011 at 10:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ClutchHunter

New Head-Fier
Okay, so I'm only getting sound through one ear of my headphones. If I wiggle the cord about, I can get the sound to either a) remain the same b) cut out completely or c) work properly again. Unfortunately this obviously isn't an ideal way of sorting this problem out, however I thought that with the cord being the way it is it may help with the 'diagnosis' of the headphones' problem. So, what should I do?

I should point out I do have warranty on them and can get them replaced (again), however fixing it myself would be preferential given that I can't bare not having a headset for around a whole month while I wait for the replacements. 

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks :)

Aug 11, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #2 of 9
Warranty

Aug 11, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #4 of 9
I dont think so. Its a problem with the headphones itself. 

Aug 11, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #5 of 9
I'm not sure, I've found just rotating the bit at the end(I don't know the technical term) can get the sound to work, provided I hold it in place, so I *think* the problem lies with the bit at the end losing connection to what it's plugged into. Or I'm miles off, I don't know :)

Aug 11, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #6 of 9
sounds like loose connection/split connection. it can be an easy fix if your comfortable taking your headphones apart and knowing the basics on how to use a solder gun.

Aug 11, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #7 of 9
If you have a warranty on them, don't start messing with them unless you are really confident or don't care if they get broken.  If you can't fix them, you will have voided that warranty and won't be able to take advantage of it anymore.

One important question that wasn't asked: is it a detachable cable, or is it acting up where the wire goes into the cup?

Mar 14, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #9 of 9
Hey, I have the precise exact problem with my Sennheiser 419s. I havnt found a solution yet but I cant return mine because I lost the receipt. Do me a favour and tell me where you bought it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back