Headphones like Koss PortaPro?
Nov 5, 2010 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

marko93101

500+ Head-Fier
Well my PortaPros broke ;_;
and i was just wondering can anyone recomend me some cans like them for around the same price? Possibly ones that have less sound leakage! But just as good of a bass?
Thanks.

Nov 5, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 9
Try the Koss UR-55. I prefer them over the Porta Pros and they are far more comfortable.
The mids are VERY slightly muffled straight out of the box and they actual need burn in. They do clear up after burn-in.

If I had to only use a headphone under $50, it'd be the Beyer Dynamic DT-235 or the UR-55.

UR-55 is especially good for any type of rock music. It's a really fun headphone and when I got it, I couldn't stop listening to it for days.

I actually gave them away to my mother and upgraded to the DJ100, but that's too hard to drive for use as a portable.

Nov 5, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #5 of 9
I doubt the break is covered tbh. The left part snapped off when i put them in my bag.
Thanks for those suggestions, will look into them now
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
I doubt the break is covered tbh. The left part snapped off when i put them in my bag.
Thanks for those suggestions, will look into them now
smily_headphones1.gif

You would be surprised.  My buddy's son stepped on his, and snapped off a side, and they sent him a brand new one.  This was also after owning it for over 3 years and not having the original sales receipt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back