Headphones + Glasses = Fail?
Apr 6, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #17 of 25
I hate glasses for headphone wearing, or putting the memory wire around ear for iems.

Apr 6, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #18 of 25

Quote:
wow pop in some contacts. that simple. I prefer to wear my glasses, but when i know im gonna have a listening session i just pop in my daily contacts and tada!!! problem gone.

I can't wear contacts anymore.  I wore them for over 20 years (with no backup glasses for most of it), and abrased my corneas, so now it hurts just to put contacts in.  So I'm stuck with glasses for now, though I'm pondering getting LASIK.

Apr 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #19 of 25
Can't wear my glasses with my Grado GS/PS-1000 bowls,but its fine with my SR-80i's flat pads

Apr 6, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #21 of 25

Quote:
I choose glasses based on whether they work with headphones or not. 

That's a good idea.  Maybe next time I go buy glasses, I'll take my HE-5s along and try them together.  Unfortunately I have $400 high density lenses, so glasses aren't an impulse purchase.

Apr 6, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #22 of 25
Highly dependent on a number of factors.

1) the type of glass frame (the flatter and less edged, the better)
2) the clamp of the headphone (lesser and more evenly distributed, the better)
3) the nature of the earcushions (softer and more "memory-foam"-like, the better)

If all three factors go in favour of comfort then it's not hard to wear the headphone for 10 hours and not break a sweat.

Apr 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #24 of 25
Only issue I have is that the nose bridge starts floating/applying too much pressure. I just adjust my glasses for listening.
My acetate glasses are a different story though. Those start hurting after a while.

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #25 of 25

Quote:
I choose glasses based on whether they work with headphones or not. 

I love it.  I actually had to get a different set of "throw-away" glasses that would fit correctly ... inside my hockey helmet.

smile_phones.gif

My "regular" glasses don't fit correctly in there.

The funny thing is that I've been able to keep using those same "throw-away" glasses for 17 years, and I've gone through 5 or 6 pair of regular glasses for prescription changes, broken, lost, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back