Headphones for work, ie no sound leakage
Aug 9, 2010 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

avid666

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Currently I use the in ear headphones which came with my sony X1000 mp3 player for work, using the android as my mp3 player (I know I know, but I can get spotify on my android and not on the sony, come on sony).  

I am a bit concerned about using the in-ear phones for listening to music for extended periods, so I am looking for a normal headphone which doesn't leak sound.  I don't want my office mates to hear me going from Ac/Dc to TLC or Justin Beiber or something.  Sound isolation of the office isn't really neccessary, just my music from the office :).

I was thinking the ATH-WS70, but don't know how it sounds.  Anything below that price is fine.  I have an MS-2 at home which I am very happy with, but get frequent comments about how loud the music I am listening to is, but of course, I am listening at normal volume and its an open-backed ear phone.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
David

Aug 9, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #2 of 7
Hi,

I wrote a writeup on three of the more popular under $200 closed headphones. Give it a look:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/503970/srh840-or-ath-m50-or-ah-d1001-it-all-depends-really-let-s-look

I hope it helps.

Peace,

Ross

Aug 9, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #3 of 7
As I've come to learn... only IEM block sound to the point that the world doesn't hear you and you them.  That said the AT M50 sounds great =)

Aug 9, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #6 of 7
As long as your head is not too big to feel clamping from GMP8.35.
It has great isolation and low leakage.

You may also check Ultrasone's closed back phones.

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestions, that GMP 8.35 certainly looks solid.  A little bit ugly though :)

Aug 9, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #7 of 7
Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO 80 ohm? Got them myself, good highs and deep and warm bass. I am actually trying to find myself some other headphoens since I want open headphones also for home use. They isolate everything! You can not hear your own voice at all when you listen to music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back