Headphones for RUNNING!
Jan 3, 2010 at 3:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

T.B.N.

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,
It's been a while since I posted here!

I'm looking for a pair of 'phones that I can run with, and it seems to be more difficult than I'd imagined. In-Ear headphones, like the westones I have, are useless because you hear a thump everytime your foot hits the pavement. Earbuds are terribly uncomfortable.

Has anyone tried the iGrado for running? I was thinking of the px100 or the koss porta-pro, but I would think they would definitely fall off. Any other suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Jan 3, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #2 of 38
popcorn.gif

Jan 3, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #3 of 38
When I run with music, I generally use ear buds(stock sansa buds for now), since they don't bop around on my head like full size cans, but don't seal off the ear canal and create that familiar thump(I know exactly what your talking about, bugs the crap out of me too..) which each step. With earbuds they generally stay in my ear and are easy to run with because of the size.

I'd recommend looking in kostalex's sig for a link to his earbud roundup, I read it and its got alot of good info.

edit: Sorry I just saw the "earbuds are uncomfortable" sentence...

Jan 3, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 38
The iGrados are a very, very secure fit but I found them quite uncomfortable. If you're looking at the PX100 and PortaPros, why not check out the PMX100 and SportaPros? Same drivers, street-style form factor. Alternatively, there are always Clip-ons (koss KSC75/KSC35 and Yuin G2A).

Jan 3, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #6 of 38
Senn PX200's. I've been running with them for years, tried other styles at times but they are the ones that get chosen. The px100's are good but the foam covers get wet quickly and chafe plus the open back tend to let too much sound in. The headband style seems to stay in place longer than in-ear or clip style and the px200's don't isolate so much as to be dangerous but enough so as not to require too high a volume. Not that I'd recommend the 200's for much else but for running they are tops.

Andy

Jan 4, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #8 of 38
From my experience with the Koss porta-pros, you would have to try really hard to get them to come off, they aren't loose on the ears and you can adujst how hard they clamp with the "Comfort Zone".

Besides, if the pads don't keep them from falling off, they'll probably just snag your hair and stay on.
wink.gif

Jan 4, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #9 of 38
Wow, thanks for all the suggestions.

I'm still worried that the headband style headphones will fall off. Maybe they wouldn't, but I don't have any to try out so I think I'll go with the "street style" ones. So the px100 ones.
I'm sure there are good earbuds too, but I just hate the ibuds, my ears are just not meant for them.

Jan 5, 2010 at 6:14 AM Post #15 of 38
I would throw the Klipsch S4's in there. Comfortable. and I do not hear any footsteps when I work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back