Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution
Jan 30, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #3,856 of 12,302
If I were single I would definitely venture into summit-fi territory, just to see if I can tell a difference. However, I have a family and chose to spend my money on a nice house. Well, awesome house actually. I pay more in PITA than a lot of people I know make in a year.

Kind of a weirdly unnecessary and irrelevant thing to share about yourself.

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #3,859 of 12,302
Kind of a weirdly unnecessary and irrelevant thing to share about yourself.

LoL, priorities man. Priorities. If one day I win the lotto I'd build my own man cave on 100 acres and have summit-fi everything. My own IMAX even.

But alas, I am practical and try to find where price meets performance. Metal music isn't liked by many (if you look at the whole world). I just want something to keep me happy on my commute. I do use the built-in stereo from time to time, but have to turn it up to hear it at 80 mph. Headphones, or IEM's in particular are a much more practical solution than a better stereo. 

Jan 31, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #3,861 of 12,302
LoL, priorities man. Priorities. If one day I win the lotto I'd build my own man cave on 100 acres and have summit-fi everything. My own IMAX even.

But alas, I am practical and try to find where price meets performance. Metal music isn't liked by many (if you look at the whole world). I just want something to keep me happy on my commute. I do use the built-in stereo from time to time, but have to turn it up to hear it at 80 mph. Headphones, or IEM's in particular are a much more practical solution than a better stereo. 

Same boat here. Factory stereo on the Goldwing is useless at highway speeds.
I too am all about bang for the buck.

isn't common for motorcyclists to wear IEM's or headphones? seems reckless to me.

Maybe not reckless but I never use them because IMO its another needless distraction while riding amongst the braindead clueless texting masses. Lol

Jan 31, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #3,862 of 12,302
Same boat here. Factory stereo on the Goldwing is useless at highway speeds.
I too am all about bang for the buck.
Maybe not reckless but I never use them because IMO its another needless distraction while riding amongst the braindead clueless texting masses. Lol

It's called situational awareness people. If you have it your ears play a very small to no role in seeing and predicting problems on the road.

Jan 31, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #3,868 of 12,302
Nah but seriously without straying too far off topic....
Its not the music as much as it is the earbuds coming loose, changing music, screw*n with the DAP, cable noise, etc etc...I personally find it too distracting...ymmv

Jan 31, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #3,869 of 12,302
Nah but seriously without straying too far off topic....
Its not the music as much as it is the earbuds coming loose, changing music, screw*n with the DAP, cable noise, etc etc...I personally find it too distracting...ymmv

Fair enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back