Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution
Mar 2, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #10,457 of 12,302
I'm not what I'd call a basshead myself, but I need some burly low end for my metal. I'll do some more mulling I suppose. I know they're limited and all. And jeez the reviews are amazing.

I don't think you will be disappointed..trust me. I just tried a couple of Daft Punk songs and I'm impressed by the bass slam and quality they were able to produce.

Mar 2, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #10,458 of 12,302
I don't think you will be disappointed..trust me. I just tried a couple of Daft Punk songs and I'm impressed by the bass slam and quality they were able to produce.

Well. Order placed. They'll be here Thursday lol.

Mar 3, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #10,460 of 12,302
Off-topic (but not, because you would definitely pack good metal headphones): have you guys received Earache’s death metal cruise e-mail? It points to this survey. And yes, it is what it sounds like, a Morbid Angel concert + spa experience. Blast beats on a beach resort. Quite the thing. I’m just afraid from the beer fumes alone that boat will explode/sink/get lost and drift for seasons in the abyss.

Mar 3, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #10,461 of 12,302
Off-topic (but not, because you would definitely pack good metal headphones): have you guys received Earache’s death metal cruise e-mail? It points to this survey. And yes, it is what it sounds like, a Morbid Angel concert + spa experience. Blast beats on a beach resort. Quite the thing. I’m just afraid from the beer fumes alone that boat will explode/sink/get lost and drift for seasons in the abyss.
Interesting but sounds very similar to 70k tons of metal. All such endeavors seem so far off right now... but there is hope. I for one really hope for 70k tons to happen in 2022..

Mar 3, 2021 at 5:01 AM Post #10,463 of 12,302
Mar 3, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #10,464 of 12,302
I'm just praying Maryland Deathfest 2022 at least happens, since 2021 obviously isn't. Lineup is a little iffy at the moment but it's usually an amazing time.

Mar 3, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #10,465 of 12,302
Now I'm interested too...
I'll give a good set of impressions as soon as they come in. I'll try a decent array of metal types as well, just to see what the experience is for a few different styles and if any seem to stick out or whatever.

Mar 3, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #10,467 of 12,302
Sorry I did not answer your question. The highs are not piercing like on most of the Grado headphones, I can listen to bands like Dimmu Borgir, Enslaved or Behemoth at a somewhat high volume and they are not bothering me at all.

I really think you will like them. They sound like a faster and more engaging version of the HD6XX with the lovely mids of the Grado, and the punch of the ZMF headphones.
Haha, no worries, that wasn’t a serious question, just a bunch of shwaggy weed puns. Grado’s marketing department started it!

Though, I will say, you piqued my interest now.

Mar 3, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #10,469 of 12,302
Haha, no worries, that wasn’t a serious question, just a bunch of shwaggy weed puns. Grado’s marketing department started it!

Though, I will say, you piqued my interest now.

I think you would like them, they are fun headphones. They sound like the Aeolus with the Grado energy in the mids.

Mar 3, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #10,470 of 12,302
I think you would like them, they are fun headphones. They sound like the Aeolus with the Grado energy in the mids.
Sounds like I would!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back