Headphones for hiphop-producing and some gaming.
Jul 22, 2012 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Vulgarwolf

New Head-Fier
Hi there Head-fiers. I'm looking for a new set of headphones for using to gaming and making some music. I got a budget around 200$ but don't know what to choose. I've been looking at the dt770 pro 250 oHms but i'm really not sure, so now i'm asking you for your opinion. (Just want to add that i'm planning to use them for around 8hrs per day so comfort is very important, thank you! :wink: )

Jul 22, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
Hi there Head-fiers. I'm looking for a new set of headphones for using to gaming and making some music. I got a budget around 200$ but don't know what to choose. I've been looking at the DT770 Pro 250-Ohms but I'm really not sure, so now I'm asking you for your opinion. (Just want to add that I'm planning to use them for around 8hrs per day so comfort is very important, thank you! :wink: )

What source(s) are you plugging headphones into?
The DT770 Pro 250-Ohm headphones need a decent headphone amplifier to sound their best.

Jul 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Oops. Forgot to add that, i'm having an Asus DGX Right now. But in the future i will probably get an Essence Stx. Will the DGX work for the moment with a dt770 250 ohm??

The Essence STX should be fine, and the DGX is probably also OK as a temporary solution, although I do not have it, and specs of its headphone output are not available either. I am not sure if it would be much better overall with the 80 Ohm version, it would be louder, but on the other hand the output impedance of the card may be too high.

Jul 22, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Oops. Forgot to add that, i'm having an Asus DGX Right now. But in the future i will probably get an Essence Stx. Will the DGX work for the moment with a dt770 250 ohm??

The DGX will provide a half-way decent volume for the DT770 Pro 250-Ohm, nothing loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back