Headphones for Grandfather under $50 dollars?
Feb 10, 2013 at 3:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Robeto

New Head-Fier
Hi guys It's been awhile since I was last here (I didn't want to get jelly and star buying an assload of cans after my ATH-M50s). But I digress, I am here because my grand parents have asked me to get them a pair of headphones to use with their iPad as they are a little hard of hearing.

So my question would be, the "best" pair under 50 dollars? I've looked around and it would appear the Panasonic RP-HTX7's and the Samson SR850s are a good choice, but are there any others under budget that are equal if not better?

Cheers,

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #3 of 6
What's "Best" depends a lot on what he likes... not to mention you said he's hard on hearing - does he want bass and treble boosted?

Frankly if his hearing has deteriorated a lot, it may be little point in even spending $50 for a pair of cans. You can probably find a pair of $10 cans that will make sounds that are perfectly acceptable for him.

If you want cheap but quality sounds though, Superlux may have a few models for you to look into.

Feb 10, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #4 of 6
Koss DJ200 or TBSE? I only mention the DJ200 because they have the KTC; the TBSE are generally less expensive (and afaik they're the same headphone, branding and KTC aside). Or Koss R/80 if you want to spend less. Both are good, comfortable, provide a bit of isolation, easily driven, etc. Neither is a bass-blaster.

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #5 of 6
Sennheiser HD201 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back