Headphones for gaming, which ones? (x360/ps3)
Jan 16, 2011 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rabidgamer

Head-Fier
Hey everyone, Im a bit stuck on which headphones to get when it comes to gaming.. I've had all kinds of headsets before but honestly don't want to go that route again, I've had (so far) Tritton AX PROs/Turtle Beach X1s/Turtle Beach X4s/X41s/Astro's w/ the mixamp and a few other random ones... but the only ones I was ever happy with were the Astro's but had to sell them as I needed cash.

I'm looking for another pair now, not as expensive as the astro's but I'd be okay with spending somewhere between £120 - £150. I'm going to be getting the Turtle Beach EarForce DSS as an AMP, which I can get for like £65 and from there I'm just struggling to decide what headphones to get, theres so much information going about that I don't even know where to start really.

I can get a pair of Creative Aurvana Live headphones for £25, and I've heard there good when mixed with a 5.1 amp for gaming but not really sure lol, anyway yeah.. If you lot could help me out that'd be great and as far as voice chat goes, I'll probably just strap the xbox 360 headset around my neck :)

Jan 16, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #2 of 4
First time I heard of the Turtle Beach EarForce DSS. Have you tried it yet? I wonder how it compares to the Astro MixAmp.

Check out the Audio Technica AD700 for headphones.

Jan 16, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #3 of 4
What kind of games do you play?

FPS? AD700 is a very good cheap choice for that genre.

Creative Aurvana Live is very good too, and you are getting them at a very good price.They have more bass, so immersion for non-FPS is good on those. FPS work ok with them.

Or you can just get AX720, is mixamp-like (dolby headphone), and ppl say sound is good. US $130.

k702 is a very nice can for FPS, DT990 for single player.... many options :p

PC 360 for ~180 is a headset very good for overall gaming too.

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the replys.

I mostly play FPS's but try everything really, no specific type of game lol.

As far as why I'm wanting them it's mostly for Call of Duty/other FPS's multiplayer and 'scary' games like Dead Space etc, as I don't think you can beat playing a proper spooky game with great headphones.

I might aswell pickup the creative ones as a 'first' set if you guys think there good and I'm getting them cheap so, worth a shot I suppose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back