Headphones for drum and bass, dubstep for around 100$, advice?
Sep 1, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #16 of 23
So I went to the audio shop today to check out some of the previously named models.. but unfortunately they only had the beyerdynamics DT770 on show.
Atm I'm really quite lost about what to do, I might just consider to buy an amp now and some headphones in the 250$ price range.

Thanks for the help everyone, but after spending some hours on this forum i really want some decent equipment :p

Sep 2, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #17 of 23

Quote:
So I went to the audio shop today to check out some of the previously named models.. but unfortunately they only had the beyerdynamics DT770 on show.
Atm I'm really quite lost about what to do, I might just consider to buy an amp now and some headphones in the 250$ price range.

Thanks for the help everyone, but after spending some hours on this forum i really want some decent equipment :p

My advice is still go for the sony xb500s first as they are cheap and they punch well above their price bracket. You can allways return them or keep as spares then start the fun but slippery slide into more expensive cans, DACs and Amps.

The bass impact thread linked below pretty muched covered this question and the sony range came out on top due to price point. Obviously you can drop some cash on some ultrasonne ed9s or [insert premium can with bass here] later on which will be better across the board.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/501168/bass-impact-thats-all-i-ever-asked-for-in-life/345#post_6883845

in thr multiple bass can threads  threads same names come up

Beyer DT770 pro
Beyer DT990
Ultrasone HFI 550
Dennon d2000
M-50
ThunderPants

IMO the sonys are underhyped, they cant do much else but electronic bass heavy music they are a winner and improve with amping.

Get the 700 if you lean more to dubstep and the 500 for DnB but  both can be EQ to become similar.

Sep 2, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #18 of 23
Thanks for the advice!
I've seen the xb500 and xb700 get suggested a lot in that thread, maybe i should just ignore my hate for sony and try those out >.<
My previous in-ears were from sony and they broke after a week. Left bud decided for it's own when it wants to work or not.
I'll definitely go back to the audio store with a CD of my own and check out the xb500 and xb700.

Quote:

My advice is still go for the sony xb500s first as they are cheap and they punch well above their price bracket. You can allways return them or keep as spares then start the fun but slippery slide into more expensive cans, DACs and Amps.

The bass impact thread linked below pretty muched covered this question and the sony range came out on top due to price point. Obviously you can drop some cash on some ultrasonne ed9s or [insert premium can with bass here] later on which will be better across the board.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/501168/bass-impact-thats-all-i-ever-asked-for-in-life/345#post_6883845

in thr multiple bass can threads  threads same names come up

Beyer DT770 pro
Beyer DT990
Ultrasone HFI 550
Dennon d2000
M-50
ThunderPants

IMO the sonys are underhyped, they cant do much else but electronic bass heavy music they are a winner and improve with amping.

Get the 700 if you lean more to dubstep and the 500 for DnB but  both can be EQ to become similar.

Sep 2, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #20 of 23

Quote:
I don't understand why everyone is recommending the ATH M50...they are purely made out of cheap plastic and to me they don't even sound like they're worth $100+...$80 tops...and that's +tax! I don't even care if you recommend them because if how "cool" you think they might look, but I can name about 10 headphones that are about 10x better for the price and can be used for just about any genre.

If anything they make you look like the biggest dork, at least that's what I see from the glances on the bus. What a troll. Ten headphones that are ten times better? Meh. 

Sep 3, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #22 of 23
I thought the 750DJ had a ton of bass and way too much for me. I guess I was right. Has anyone seen the frequency graphs of them vs the M50? Kind of funny and interesting.

Sep 3, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #23 of 23
They do indeed... they'll probably deliver just fine if you're a basshead though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back