Headphones for Classical music
Nov 23, 2022 at 11:15 PM Post #106 of 108
Nov 24, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #108 of 108
yeah, I think it's a little blown out of proportion and really only comes up when someone has a pair of original HD600 to compare and A-B to. I notice it when I switch between my 600 and 6xx but honestly i forget about it if I've been listening to my 6xx a few songs in

From 660s IME vs early 580(fpbp) the older 580 presents classical with more crispness as it is slightly thinner (esp w new pads) and gets slightly smoother warmer as pads wear in. 660s is smooth and warm relative and can play classical but more suited to modern music and also jazz \folk as slightly more full bodied relative with more lower bass. Both extend well through spectrum though 660s has more long listening non fatigue. Though both I consider great for long sessions. Overall A\B differences are apparent in this showdown but both have senn heisercharacteristics. This is why its common ppl having an older and newer pair as the clamp be older and newer pairs are different. So that is a factor on which headband one might have as you can have a 600 with older wider headband or newer more contoured.

I have tried older drivers in newer more contoured headband as well as newer driver in older wider headband. New and old pad combinations.

So these factors should be considered when reading impressions as well.

I really enjoyed the older 580 driver in new shell (660) w custom can copper ring and new pads and cable. The new contoured headband and clamp brought drivers closer which gave a lively, slightly warm, yet crispy nature which was great overall for most music including classical.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back