headphones for bed?
May 5, 2003 at 6:37 PM Post #47 of 49
you could just get rid of your pillow and lay flat on yer back... the pillow is getting in the way ... but the bed itself shouldn't... and you could try proping them up to stay on yer head by putting the headband down against the bed.

May 5, 2003 at 10:18 PM Post #49 of 49
<< I've put my grados in my bedroom now

These phones DO NOT Compare to GRADOS but this is
what I am currently using... Koss KSC-35's & Sony MDR-EX71's

Unfortunately, they will be downgrades for you from your
GRADOS.

Why I use them...

KSC-35's are great for bedtime -> great sounding, inexpensive, but on rollovers you may need to re-adjust their fit on your ears.

Sony MDR-EX71SL's (earcanal earphones) Many do not like their sound (and inefficient) , however, I listen to them with their short cord connected to my Sharp MD player and I am satisfied during bedtime listening, and no music leakage. My Sony MD has an alarm that I can set to wake me up (but I have not tried that yet.)
The music normally ends at the end of the CD or recording and I always notice when this happens I just take out earbuds and place them on my nightstand. I don't have to worry about damaging up my headphones in the dark.

The cord design on some of the MDR-EX## line has a short left side and a long right earcanal bud cord. I place the cord of the right earbud BEHIND my neck and I don't worry about choking myself with the cord or anything. The EX71's are so small that I can sleep however without my earphones slipping off, hurting my ears, or breaking with tossing and turning of my sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back