headphones for bed?
May 4, 2003 at 9:12 AM Post #31 of 49
I dunno about loudpspeakers I usually cant sleep while I'm playing music through my amp and speakers, but I'll be snoring in no time with some headphones/earphones on... strange
confused.gif

May 4, 2003 at 11:28 AM Post #32 of 49
Buy a cheap boombox and place it near your bed, or use an alarm clock with the sleep function set to an hour. Sleeping with ANY cans is hazardous to either you or the cans. A cheap radio or CDP near your bed with small speakers that put out just a little volume would serve you better in this case.

May 4, 2003 at 2:11 PM Post #33 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle_Driver
Due to their design, all of those "pillow speakers" tend to be low-fi in sound quality. They cannot reproduce any bass at all whatsoever, and their effective frequency response range is no more extended than a typical pocket AM radio.

This is not necessarily the fault of the pillow. You simply can't get good fidelity out of a pillow if you're using an inferior mattress. A high quality mattress improves bass respose greatly. Note that without an audiophile grade pillow case, the highs will sound rolled off
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
(j/k)

I've fallen asleep wearing the HP-1 or the R10 more times than I'll ever admit. If you're going to fall asleep wearing a headphone, why not the best?
tongue.gif
wink.gif

May 4, 2003 at 6:26 PM Post #34 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by Nights_85
considering that kenwood just remade sharps md's with a different face plate on it, do the kenwoods sound any dffierent or just the same as sharps

I believe just about all Kenwood MD:s were in reality Sharp ones with a different shell, which I think is great as I got this player for quite a bit less than for a similar Sharp unit. But still it was really outstanding in sound quality for an MD unit back in 1997/98. I remember I went with my sis to try out some of the newest Sony and Panasonic MD units in the summer of 99 and even then my Kenwood sounded significantly better than them. My sis ended up buying a cheaper Sharp 24-bit unit that still sounded better than the more expensive Sonys and Panas.

May 4, 2003 at 6:58 PM Post #35 of 49
I use my new KSC35's to sleep...absolutely perfect for such an application!

I used to use my 7506's, but for whatever reason, there was a very faint sound of the pad moving. I'm not sure if it was against my pillow or the carotid artery's pulse, but it got to be annoying.

May 4, 2003 at 7:19 PM Post #36 of 49
Dont fall to sleep while listening its dangerous. Your ears dotn get rest. You can listen averange noise 12h safely, but if you dont let em rest you will damage em. the recomended periods only work if you give em good rest to fix up.

May 4, 2003 at 8:06 PM Post #37 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by KJ869
Dont fall to sleep while listening its dangerous. Your ears dotn get rest. You can listen averange noise 12h safely, but if you dont let em rest you will damage em. the recomended periods only work if you give em good rest to fix up.

If you don't leave your player on repeat it'll only run for the length of the CD. This isn't dangerous at all.

May 4, 2003 at 8:38 PM Post #38 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
This is not necessarily the fault of the pillow. You simply can't get good fidelity out of a pillow if you're using an inferior mattress. A high quality mattress improves bass respose greatly. Note that without an audiophile grade pillow case, the highs will sound rolled off

lolup.gif

May 4, 2003 at 10:09 PM Post #39 of 49
I use a Technics RP-FT30 slung over the headboard with both earpieces swivelled to point down, connected to one of my mini systems. I usually only listen to spoken programmes as I'm falling asleep so the FT30, which is a headphone that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, is fine.

May 4, 2003 at 10:30 PM Post #40 of 49
i used porta pros when i want to listen when i go to sleep. comfy and small, i have no problem getting comfortable on my back with them. i've slept with etys on before but i always end up waking up later to take them off then falling back to sleep, which is fine, i'm just not always into that.

May 5, 2003 at 2:08 AM Post #41 of 49
I use the Grado SR60 in bed with my Panasonic portable CD player, but I rarely fall asleep to the music though (unless I am extremely tired). I found it to be better when listen to music in the dark, which I also do with my home stereo speakers as well. The Grado's thick cord does get in the way, but otherwise I'm OK with the setup.

May 5, 2003 at 2:19 AM Post #42 of 49
I also find the ksc-35 to be irreplaceable in bed (stop that snickering...)

They are light, comfortable, and while you can't fully lay on your side, you can adjust your pillow and make certain compromises to your laying angle to achieve a side-laying effect. I also always remove whatever listening device I have on while I am in that pre-sleep trance state.

May 5, 2003 at 2:44 AM Post #43 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by LobsterSan
I also find the ksc-35 to be irreplaceable in bed (stop that snickering...)

They are light, comfortable, and while you can't fully lay on your side, you can adjust your pillow and make certain compromises to your laying angle to achieve a side-laying effect. I also always remove whatever listening device I have on while I am in that pre-sleep trance state.

Yeah, usually I'll wake up with my headphones by my side even though I never remember taking them off. My biggest complaint about falling asleep with my setup is that although the CD player turns off when the CD is done, the amp remains on all night and that really drains my batteries quick. What's to be done?
confused.gif
frown.gif

May 5, 2003 at 9:42 AM Post #45 of 49
KSC-35's in bed. They're light and easy to take off. They seem kinda flimsy though... wouldn't want to roll over them and get them tangled with me while i'm sleeping.

Every time i've fallen asleep with them though, right before I fall asleep I kind of half-consciously take them off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back