headphones for bed?
May 3, 2003 at 8:24 PM Post #16 of 49
wearing headphones in bed is... just great! i can sleep in any of my senns, i prefer the closed isolating eh2270, very cosy... yes, they are very bulky, but i have a technique of laying down sideways: i form a little pit with the twisted pillow where the earcup can rest without pressure... it works! i even do that with my fat 29dB hearing protectors i wear sometimes.. :-D
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2003 at 5:08 AM Post #18 of 49
ye p portapros work great in bed, I have tried them like this
Also trued grados and senn hd580. Too bulky to use in bed
also tried jsc-35's, kept fallind off my head

protapros all the way

May 4, 2003 at 5:17 AM Post #19 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by blessingx
Is it the speakers, or that they were mismated with low quality stock pillows?
cool.gif

It is the speakers themselves.
evil_smiley.gif

May 4, 2003 at 5:17 AM Post #20 of 49
maybe it's time sennheiser come up with a high-end pillowphone or sleep headphones! kaha. how wonderful would that be? and then we'd all go and upgrade the cables for our pillows, start hot debates regarding pillow amps, and on and on...

i need to get back to studying for my finals. gah.

May 4, 2003 at 5:23 AM Post #21 of 49
I sleep with my CD3K, HD600, and A100ti all the time. no problem there. You should avoid wearing/sleeping with a fragile earbuds while sleeping. I once woke up with a damage E888's cord.

Purk

May 4, 2003 at 5:25 AM Post #22 of 49
screwdriver wrote"
Quote:

i cant wear my cd3000 or athw1000 to bed so i have my speakers do the job for me - deftech BP2004

This is funny because I can easily wear my ATH W1000's to bed with no problems...of course lying on my back though, but that's how I sleep anyways. The same goes for the HD600 as well. But the Ety's are the best for lying in bed.

May 4, 2003 at 5:27 AM Post #23 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by zeplin
screwdriver wrote"

This is funny because I can easily wear my ATH W1000's to bed with no problems...of course lying on my back though, but that's how I sleep anyways. The same goes for the HD600 as well. But the Ety's are the best for lying in bed.

i think i just move around too much when i sleep.

May 4, 2003 at 6:14 AM Post #25 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by TMC
D66 with my old Kenwood MD really puts me into sleeping mode with it's smooth relaxing sound when playing some slower pop songs. I wouldn't recommend wearing them while sleeping on the side though as they stand out a bit, but I always sleep on my back so it works great for me.

considering that kenwood just remade sharps md's with a different face plate on it, do the kenwoods sound any dffierent or just the same as sharps

May 4, 2003 at 6:24 AM Post #26 of 49
I usually remove my Ety's some time in the middle of the night. The wierd thing is, I remove them unconsciously, without ever remembering it the next day. If you don't take them out sometime during the night, then you're SOL as far as hearing your alarm
biggrin.gif
It has happened to me a few times, but I don't mind missing school sometimes
wink.gif

May 4, 2003 at 6:34 AM Post #27 of 49
I'd say Sony E888 earbuds but I wouldn't recommend the Etymotic 4X series to sleep. Who knows how deep it will go
biggrin.gif

May 4, 2003 at 8:16 AM Post #30 of 49
Yeah, it'll be better but will cost you alot more! You'd need decent speakers plus good speaker cables and the list goes on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back