Headphones for a girl I know.
Oct 22, 2010 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

gngf123

New Head-Fier
Looking at her music tastes, she will probably want something slightly bass heavy. She has also said to me that although she wants full circumaural headphones, she wants ones that are not too bulky.

I ran through some options earlier, and she likes the style of the ATH-M50, but would like something cheaper (sub-£80 seemed to be around the limit during the conversation earlier), and also more easily available in this country.

She also wants closed cans by the sounds of things.

Oct 22, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 15
If she wants fully AROUND EAR (I think this is what you really meant as you mentioned M50) headphones, then most of them will be pretty bulk and big.  If she would be able to live with a smaller on-ear (supraaural) headphones then I can recommend the ES7, also from Audio Technica.  Very stylish, closed, with nice bass response.

Oct 22, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #4 of 15
Panasonic HTX7's fit the bill perfectly, very small circumaural, slightly stylish, slightly bass heavy without sacrificing sound quality, and they're closed and only 30$ in America (although I'm pretty sure you can get the in the U.K.). Read some reviews, I really love mine http://www.head-fi.org/search.php?search=panasonic+htx7

Oct 23, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #5 of 15
Denon D1001/Creative Aurvana live are small, but over-ear headphones. They sound very good for the money, especially the Creative which can be bought for around 60 bucks. But you'd have to be quick cause they've just been discontinued. 

Oct 23, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #6 of 15
AKG Sextetts! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 23, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #7 of 15
The Panasonic RP-HTX is nice, just burn it in and make sure it is worth it for the price...

I found it to sound better with amplification. The Sennheiser HD4x8-series is a nice option too. The AKG K518/81 (DJ) is nice too. There are more options though so good luck...

P.S. The Creative Aurvana Live! is nice but audition it first, I almost threw it out for I detested its 'fuzzy' bass. 

Oct 23, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #8 of 15
You could google superlux hd669's,i use their hd668B's,which are semi open.Very underrated phones,and well under budget.Mind you i  am listening to sr325is's as i write this,if you really loved her,you would get her a pair of these and hope she didn't like them,and gave them back to you for Xmas.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 23, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #11 of 15
Nice one...

I have yet to try the Superlux headphones. I have just found a gem of a headphone, vintage heaven
wink.gif

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #12 of 15

Hadoe said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Panasonic HTX7's fit the bill perfectly, very small circumaural, slightly stylish, slightly bass heavy without sacrificing sound quality, and they're closed and only 30$ in America (although I'm pretty sure you can get the in the U.K.). Read some reviews, I really love mine http://www.head-fi.org/search.php?search=panasonic+htx7

The link is wonderful, Thanks for your help!

Jan 25, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #14 of 15

Quote:
Denon D1001/Creative Aurvana live are small, but over-ear headphones. They sound very good for the money, especially the Creative which can be bought for around 60 bucks. But you'd have to be quick cause they've just been discontinued. 

X2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back