headphones and spiky hair
Mar 9, 2003 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

bong

Headphoneus Supremus
hello again. i dunno how many people on the board have spiky hair, but i do and it makes wearing headphones very difficult (for my hair, that is!
biggrin.gif
)

i mainly use headphones s double duty as earmuffs in the cold NYC winter. any other season i use my E888s or my EX70s. but anyway, i hate how headphones flatten my hair. the D66 eggos are not that bad as they only flatten two smaller parts of my hair as opposed to my 7506s or my SR60s as they flatten a huge part right down the middle from left to right!
mad.gif
does anyone else have this dilemma?

didn't someone on the board say something about modding their eggos so they would be streetstyles? that'll be so cool!
cool.gif
i'll pay someone to mod a pair of eggos for me!

cheers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 9, 2003 at 12:39 AM Post #3 of 25
hahaha...i was just thinking of the samething...
eggos are better than other over-the-head headphones for people with spiky hair, but i wouldnt dare to mod any of my baby eggos

Mar 9, 2003 at 1:30 AM Post #4 of 25
Change your hair style. </obvious>

Mar 9, 2003 at 1:48 AM Post #5 of 25
Cut the headband off and glue them to your ears.

Seriously, you might want to look into the Koss KCS-50 if you want to listen to music, keep you hairstyle, and keep you ears somewhat warm without doing any serious modifications/damage to your eggos.

Repeat self, I will not destroy these headphones, I will not destroy these headphones, I will not destroy these headphones...

Mar 9, 2003 at 2:04 AM Post #6 of 25
i dont think we can take koss kcs-50's sound after we'r soo used to D66 eggos' sound

Mar 9, 2003 at 2:57 AM Post #9 of 25
eggos suck with spiky hair, since most of my spikes are from the rear middle to the front of my head there's some lite room in the back for me to rest the head band on top with minimal flattening of spikes. Eggos however have that dual band thing where one goes behind and the other in the middle, perfectly flattening a row and giving me baaad headphone-hair. These days however i'm been bummin out and im just too lazy to put gel on, sooo freeEeeeeEEEeeE

Mar 9, 2003 at 3:06 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by bong
hello again. i dunno how many people on the board have spiky hair, but i do and it makes wearing headphones very difficult (for my hair, that is!
biggrin.gif
)

i mainly use headphones s double duty as earmuffs in the cold NYC winter. any other season i use my E888s or my EX70s. but anyway, i hate how headphones flatten my hair. the D66 eggos are not that bad as they only flatten two smaller parts of my hair as opposed to my 7506s or my SR60s as they flatten a huge part right down the middle from left to right!
mad.gif
does anyone else have this dilemma?

didn't someone on the board say something about modding their eggos so they would be streetstyles? that'll be so cool!
cool.gif
i'll pay someone to mod a pair of eggos for me!

cheers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Are you for real?

Mar 9, 2003 at 4:25 AM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Scarpitti
Are you for real?

yeah i am...
biggrin.gif

i guess i'll continue with my dilemma... sound or looks, sound or looks...

hey hd-5000, "i want a recount, and no matter what happens i still want my old job back. and i want fresh coffee, and a new car. something that goes really fast and gives crapty gas mileage."

ever wonder why the 6000 SUX "sucks?" actually, its just a heavily modified late model 1970's GM sedan like the Buick Regal.

cheers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 9, 2003 at 10:14 AM Post #13 of 25
The worse cans ever with spiky (natural not using gel) hair are the portapros. My hair always got stuck between those two metal bands and everytime I take them off it rips 2 or 3 of my hairs (ok sometimes it doesn't but it happens at least twice a day). Now I wear the PX200 for portable use and am happy with them, it blocks some noise and doesn't leak music.

Mar 9, 2003 at 11:39 AM Post #14 of 25
Why not drill some 1/4" holes in the headphone band, and pull the spikes through them? Not only would this look hip, but it would help to hold the cans to your head! Plus, you could spray paint the headband to match the color of your hair! (Iridescent blue, hot pink, whatever...).

BTY, do you REALLY think that the winter is harsh in NYC? You want cold, come on up here to Maine! We have to put Bean Boots over our Grados when we go outside
biggrin.gif

-zeldon

Mar 9, 2003 at 12:14 PM Post #15 of 25
Mate just do your hair differently. Make it flat on the top then spike the front or something. Girls dig it over here.

And NYC winter harsh? pff come here to Lapland and the -50C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back