Headphones and Magnetic Field Emissions!!!
Sep 1, 2005 at 1:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 80
Hi!
blink.gif
Has anyone heard about the HEALTH RISK involved while using headphones?!

"Reduced Magnetic Field Emissions
Medical research has shown magnetic field emissions to be hazardous to your health. The average magnetic field emissions of other headphones is more than four times the maximum recommended levels. ULTRASONE has developed a method that significantly reduces these emissions. ALL ULTRASONE headphones have reductions up to 60%, and certified PROline versions up to 98%. By combining their unique patented S-Logic and PROline technology, ULTRASONE is the world's safest, most natural sounding headphone."

I've picked up this info-sheet in a music store somewhere in the USA.
What about their claim " the ... most natural sounding headphone"???
Do Sennheiser HD-650, ..., Beyedynamic DT-880, ...sound less natural?!

See You on "The
blink.gif
SAFE
blink.gif
Side of The Moon",

Adam
blink.gif

Sep 1, 2005 at 1:17 AM Post #4 of 80
Have you thought about the emissions from cell phones? Don't forget you're basically engulfed in an EMF field everywhere you go, unless you live in a metal box. Everyone seems fine as far as I can tell, so don't worry too much about it.

Sep 1, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #5 of 80
Really? I was told magnetic fields would help me LIVE FOREVER. Now where did I place my magnetic life ring's warranty statement...

Edit: Seriously, I coudn't care less about the magnetic emissions of my headphones. I care even less about what a company advertising a new product has to say about the health risks. As mentioned above, nothing has really been proven so it's all just speculation.

Sep 1, 2005 at 3:15 AM Post #7 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamCalifornia
"Reduced Magnetic Field Emissions
Medical research has shown magnetic field emissions to be hazardous to your health. The average magnetic field emissions of other headphones is more than four times the maximum recommended levels. ULTRASONE has developed a method that significantly reduces these emissions. ALL ULTRASONE headphones have reductions up to 60%, and certified PROline versions up to 98%. By combining their unique patented S-Logic and PROline technology, ULTRASONE is the world's safest, most natural sounding headphone."

Adam
blink.gif

This is why I hate marketing departments. There is no conclusive study linking exposure to magnetic fields and health hazards. Even If exposure to magnetic fields were hazardous, headphones would be the last thing you would worry about. You would have to worry about power lines, cell phones primarily.

Sep 1, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #8 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyfire
Have you thought about the emissions from cell phones? Don't forget you're basically engulfed in an EMF field everywhere you go, unless you live in a metal box. Everyone seems fine as far as I can tell, so don't worry too much about it.

actually the microwave signals will kill you first. Notice how hot your cell phone gets after a while? It is also cooking your brain.

Sep 1, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #10 of 80
Just start smoking.

Knock back a pack of Luckies a day and you'll never have to worry about silly things like EM radiation or aspartame poisoning
eggosmile.gif

Sep 1, 2005 at 8:09 AM Post #11 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannonfodder
Just start smoking.

Knock back a pack of Luckies a day and you'll never have to worry about silly things like EM radiation or aspartame poisoning
eggosmile.gif

Especially if you smoke the cigarettes sold in America. If you know anyone who travels internationally, have them pick up some Switzerland packaged Reds or Luckys or whatever you smoke from the duty free. Then compare them to their American counterparts. The difference is unbelievable. It makes me mad that I've been smoking these nasty harsh US cigs for so long.
Now that I know better, I'll only kill myself with smooth flavorfull fresh cigarettes.

Sep 1, 2005 at 11:03 AM Post #12 of 80
That is a bit of a cheeky one from Ultrasone.
It is pulsed EMR with associated heating effects that is causing the concern.
MRI imaging, which involves nice strong magnetic fields, is regarded as safe - unless you have any loose ferrous metal bits inside your body
eek.gif

Sep 2, 2005 at 12:48 AM Post #14 of 80
Like others have said, Microwaves and Cell Phones put off infinitely more radiation and the radiation is not proven harmful. Cell Phones kill because they distract you, not because they melt your brain. Microwaves make my food warm.

Sep 2, 2005 at 1:01 AM Post #15 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT
This is why I hate marketing departments. There is no conclusive study linking exposure to magnetic fields and health hazards. Even If exposure to magnetic fields were hazardous, headphones would be the last thing you would worry about. You would have to worry about power lines, cell phones primarily.

hmm...this is akin to the bose marketing machine that claims "better sound through research" and like this thread, there is no empirical evidence backing up that statement.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back