Headphones and Magnetic Field Emissions!!!
Apr 13, 2008 at 6:57 AM Post #76 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No magnetic fields in or around my headphones. So quite sure I am safe...
tongue.gif

Stop giving my valid reasons to try Stax
mad.gif

Apr 13, 2008 at 7:42 AM Post #77 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stop giving my valid reasons to try Stax
mad.gif

You know you want one!
wink.gif

So badly...

Apr 13, 2008 at 11:50 AM Post #78 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No magnetic fields in or around my headphones. So quite sure I am safe...
tongue.gif

My physics is so very rusty, but... well, these electrostatic headphones some of us have, don't they emit anything?
confused.gif
As in, some suspect type of radiation like the EMI discussed in this thread?

This must be the stupidest question this forum has seen in a long time, lol
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #79 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by poet108 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In studies of 60 headsets (1999 - 2000), ULTRASONE found the average magnetic field emission of headsets to be 7mG at moderate volume and 15 mG at high volume. That's 4-10 times the maximum recommended for computer screens.

1: Measuring only in gauss ignores the question of frequency - that being the rate of change in the field. Higher is worse. The waves coming off a CRT are much higher frequency than those coming out of a headphone.

2: Sticking your head between two slabs of high-permeability metal, like a pair of mu-metal ultrasones, will indeed protect your ears from fields that originate right on the other side of the metal, but will actually amplify the larger ambient fields in the room right in the vicinity of your brain.

Apr 18, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #80 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2: Sticking your head between two slabs of high-permeability metal, like a pair of mu-metal ultrasones...will actually amplify the larger ambient fields in the room right in the vicinity of your brain.

You've got to be kidding! Simply not true by any physics on this planet.
You're either trying to scare me or suffering from the effects of EMF.

Thousands of DJs, musicians, and recording engineers are using Ultrasones and reporting that they feel better and far less tired, even after all day sessions.

Anyway, I just bought some icans and I'll let you know how I feel after a few weeks.

The precautionary principle is a wise one in a world where corporations are out to guarantee their bottomline at any cost. The cell phone industry is a good example. They hired Dr. George Carlo back in the 1990s and hoped that a $28 million study would show the safety of cell phones. Carlo found cell phones to be extremely harmful. So they fired him and have since tried to ruin him. Monsanto has done the same with its studies of its genetically modified products. Dow has done the same with its poisons.

Corporations today just can't be trusted to give us safe research on their products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back