Headphone suggestions.
Aug 15, 2010 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

moocow111

Head-Fier
I'm interested in getting a new pair of headphones. Currently, I have Sennheiser HD 202's. I'm looking to upgrade, because just recently I've been listening to a lot of music. I'm looking for headphones in the $100-150 range. I'm using my desktop right now, so I'd rather get headphones that don't require an amp, but still sound great. I listen to mostly hip hop, so consider that. The headphones need a decent amount of bass, but not too much.

I hope this helps you in suggesting me some headphones :D.

Aug 16, 2010 at 11:00 AM Post #7 of 12
Beyerdynamic DT440, the best allrounder cans I've ever heard. More allrounder than SRH840 for me.

I never heard the M50 though, but from what I know, some people which ever hear both DT440 and M50, say that DT440 is better.

Aug 16, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #8 of 12

Quote:

Wait, why did you bump your thread after only 4 minutes? This isn't 4ailchan, threads don't drift off the front page after 5 seconds. Wait patiently for a reply, if people see you posting "bump" to up your post count and get your thread more attention then they'll be less likely to want to help you.

Anyway, I'd recommend the Sony V6, they're quite way under how much you want to spend but they're pretty much the best headphones in their price range. They're very accurate and I can vouch for them having good bass from personal experience (I own them). I'd advise that you look at cheaper headphones before making a jump from the Sennheiser HD202's to something that costs multiple times the price in case you end up feeling disappointed with the sound or headphones don't turn out to be 'your thing' and you regret spending so much money on them.

Aug 16, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #9 of 12
Maybe, you didn't see it, but I made this thread yesterday at 7:14pm and bumped it today at 7:18am.

Quote:
Wait, why did you bump your thread after only 4 minutes? This isn't 4ailchan, threads don't drift off the front page after 5 seconds. Wait patiently for a reply, if people see you posting "bump" to up your post count and get your thread more attention then they'll be less likely to want to help you.

Anyway, I'd recommend the Sony V6, they're quite way under how much you want to spend but they're pretty much the best headphones in their price range. They're very accurate and I can vouch for them having good bass from personal experience (I own them). I'd advise that you look at cheaper headphones before making a jump from the Sennheiser HD202's to something that costs multiple times the price in case you end up feeling disappointed with the sound or headphones don't turn out to be 'your thing' and you regret spending so much money on them.

Aug 16, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #10 of 12
+1 for Sony V6, you can also get Beyerdynamic pads which make them comfy.

Aug 16, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #11 of 12
I think the Sony V6's are the way to go. It won't cost me too much money, so I have money left over for another pair of headphones later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back