Headphone suggestions...here comes another one
Oct 3, 2009 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MVPlaya

100+ Head-Fier
I need some head phone suggestions... I had the Beats by Dre right now however I can't listen to them for long because I get headaches/nausea from the noise cancellation technology.

Basically I'm looking for something that is comfortable and that I can listen to for long periods of time. I'm not sure what qualities in a headphone would allow one to have them on for long periods of time???

I was looking at the HD595 and Denon D2000's... mainly D2000's but I heard the HD595's were comfortable?

I'm not going to use these with an amp (for now).

I listen to hip hop, r&b, jazz, some classical, and some other genre's but those are my main ones. I don't need some blood vessel popping bass, but I'd like some CLEAN good bass... bass is still important to an extent.

PRICE RANGE - $200-225

I would have to find some D2000's used...

Another suggestions would be appreciated... just give me some model numbers or anything and I can do some research, but any comments would help!

Thanks in advance!

beerchug.gif

EDIT
I'm pretty much looking at the ATH-M50's and SRH840's right now. The are a few others (Beyer, Ultrasone) that I'm glancing at... but the first 2 are my focuses. The first two can be had for almost half of what I'm looking to spend...maybe get an amp?

Oct 3, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #2 of 5
Well the D2000s need a decent mains powered amp to sound remotely like there supposed too... even then the bass is 'floppy' and the fix is quite excessive. I think honestly you would get the most listening enjoyment out of an amp/DAC with a cheaper pair of headphones, the RX700 comes to mind but there are others. You not only get a much fuller sound this way but you have the amp for future headphone upgrades, it's always a good starting point.

Oct 3, 2009 at 9:19 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well the D2000s need a decent mains powered amp to sound remotely like there supposed too... even then the bass is 'floppy' and the fix is quite excessive. I think honestly you would get the most listening enjoyment out of an amp/DAC with a cheaper pair of headphones, the RX700 comes to mind but there are others. You not only get a much fuller sound this way but you have the amp for future headphone upgrades, it's always a good starting point.

The only thing is, I want it to be portable. I don't want to lug around another device/piece (amp)...

Oct 3, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by VALIENTE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can go for Audio-Technica ATH-M50!

Click
Audio Technica ATH-M50 with straight cable - Full Size Headphones | HeadRoom Audio

These look interesting!

I almost want to get the Grado's AND these with all the chatter going around with the grados. However, I still have a bit more price range... the ATH-M50 can be had at $125!

I've read that there are some comfort question marks on these? As this is one key factor, I want to make sure the headphones are as comfortable as possible...

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back