Headphone suggestion.
Sep 15, 2011 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

HaydenWhyte

New Head-Fier
What are some good quality headphones that look like Grado sr60i but are closed so i can use them while out. I am looking for some that are around 100 bucks or less. thanks in advance for your answers.

Sep 15, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 13
I don't think you will find any headphones that are closed and look like a Grado because no other headphone looks like a Grado... I'm pretty sure that recognizable Grado look is exclusive only to Grado.

You should be able to find a headphone that sounds like a Grado and is closed in your price range though...

Sep 15, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #3 of 13
Shure 440

Sep 15, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #4 of 13

Quote:
What are some good quality headphones that look like Grado sr60i but are closed so i can use them while out. I am looking for some that are around 100 bucks or less. thanks in advance for your answers.

Heya,

Only a Grado looks like a Grado I'm afraid. And Grado doesn't have a closed back in that form. Kind of like how Hifiman doesn't have a closed back in their current line form (which makes me sad).

Now, do you like the sound of a Grado? Or are you talking strictly about the look of a Grado?

Very best,

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #5 of 13

Quote:
Shure 440

thanks i will check these out to see the sound quality. i like the detachable cord already.

Quote:
Heya,

Only a Grado looks like a Grado I'm afraid. And Grado doesn't have a closed back in that form. Kind of like how Hifiman doesn't have a closed back in their current line form (which makes me sad).

Now, do you like the sound of a Grado? Or are you talking strictly about the look of a Grado?

Very best,

Thanks, for your answer.I like the look of the Grado the minimalist retro look. The sound doesn't have to be like them because I can still use the ones i have. These would be mainly for outside the house, but i still want them to be good and have a nice sound. Also this should help i will be listening to mainly rock,metal,alternative and some classical.

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #6 of 13
Sony MDR v6, aggressive like a Grado but have a sweet tooth on the bass as well so they don't sting as much. They share a fairly similar sound.

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #7 of 13

Quote:
Sony MDR v6, aggressive like a Grado but have a sweet tooth on the bass as well so they don't sting as much. They share a fairly similar sound.

They are gr8 phones. But im not sure about their portability..

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
Thanks, for your answer.I like the look of the Grado the minimalist retro look. The sound doesn't have to be like them because I can still use the ones i have. These would be mainly for outside the house, but i still want them to be good and have a nice sound. Also this should help i will be listening to mainly rock,metal,alternative and some classical.

Heya,

Fostex T50RP (with amp).

Also retro-ish looking, plus uses interesting tech (ortho). Very moddable. Highly re-sellable. Mids monster, so great for your genres.

Very best,

Sep 16, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #9 of 13
Thanks for the suggestion. They seem good from the reviews I  have seen, but how do they sound without an amp?

Quote:
Heya,

Fostex T50RP (with amp).

Also retro-ish looking, plus uses interesting tech (ortho). Very moddable. Highly re-sellable. Mids monster, so great for your genres.

Very best,

I've looked this up and I like them especially the metal casing. Except the cable it seems pretty long. Could it be recabled with a shorter cord? And do you know where i could find a tutorial?

Quote:

Sep 18, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #10 of 13
the cable is pretty manageable, it can be re-cabled or just lopped off at a shorter area and put a new plug onto it. I would suggest using the search function on this forum, I know a couple threads had in depth instruction for first time cablers.

Sep 18, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #11 of 13

Quote:
the cable is pretty manageable, it can be re-cabled or just lopped off at a shorter area and put a new plug onto it. I would suggest using the search function on this forum, I know a couple threads had in depth instruction for first time cablers.

Thanks, I am most likely going to go with these now. The reviews on them have been great and they seem durable. I can worry about recabling it later.
Thank you again.

Sep 18, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #12 of 13
These things could be the soul survivor of a train wreck he he he.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back